04-20-2012, 03:48 AM
I'd rather sit on burning glass....
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-20-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I'd rather sit on burning glass....
Likewise. The JJ-verse is all style and no substance. I'll take the Prime universe over that any day.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-20-2012, 05:04 AM
Yeah... no...

JJ trek, while awesome and flashy, does not have enough back story to support a full MMORPG. It is owned by a different company and thus they cannot even use that material.

And, while "canon"-ish... the entire movie takes place in an alternate universe from the one we know and love. So there is little to base it off of besides Zephram Cochrane and the founding of the Federation. Everything else is out the window.

and like others have set, Cryptic has WAY too much work on their hands with patches. And they can easily expand into other quadrants. I think incorporating the Hobus supernova is a nod enough to the new movie.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Cryptic doesn't have the rights to use anything JJ Verse.

Oh and FOR THE LOVE OF GENE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It's bad enough that the JJ Cancer hasn't been purified yet..but no, just stick with the bad console game and the xbox arcade game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-20-2012, 08:14 AM
STO is what it is. I admit, that I would love a new game built on an improved version of the engine they use and that really refines the mechanics based on what has been learned. However, this would not be a Trek game as I still feel that as an IP it isn't suited for a traditional MMORPG. It would literally be a new sci fi MMORPG with a unique backstory, races, etc... LOL think EVE online built around STO.

It'll never happen though.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_0
STO is what it is. I admit, that I would love a new game built on an improved version of the engine they use and that really refines the mechanics based on what has been learned. However, this would not be a Trek game as I still feel that as an IP it isn't suited for a traditional MMORPG. It would literally be a new sci fi MMORPG with a unique backstory, races, etc... LOL think EVE online built around STO.

It'll never happen though.
Yea... I'd rather sit on burning glass, than this too
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-20-2012, 09:46 AM
That universe is nul anyway (it ceases to exist thanks to actions in the real one)