Lt. Commander
# 31
04-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus
If it is almost universally agreed that phasers are the strongest proc, why is Viral matrix not used more often?
It's a bit comparing apples and oranges. Viral Matrix has to compete with other Bridge Officer Powers. Phaser Procs just have to compete with other weapon procs. If there was a weapon proc that would stun a target for a second or would scramble it for 5 seconds, that may be preferable.

Viral Matrix as a BO power has the problem of unpredictability compared to other powers - you don't know when it will drop subsystems. And it never disables shields (which may be OP if it did, but still is to be considered when comparing why phaser procs are deemed powerful and VM not.)
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-20-2012, 05:10 AM
The Mk 10 AP weapons with an high critical severity from Deep Space K-7 are the best of the best for a Tac Captain! Sure, they miss a lot, but a TB1 and a purple TB Doff are very effective to slow down a fast target and drain a little its shields.
But unfortunately when I go hunting at Ker'rat against the strongest Bops and Gurambas and that damned Romulan...well, I often become the prey...
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-20-2012, 06:14 AM
I would advise the Fed hunters to use the single cannons when fighting the Bops, because the extreme turn rate allows them to easily escape from the DHC firing arc, even if they are slowed by the TB.
My beloved Defiant is very agile but not as much the best Bops running an high level power to engines.
So, I use 3 SC and 1 DBB for the BO2, or 2 SC, 1 DHC and 1 DBB.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Yeah, I use the old school mk x k7 AP.
Yep, same here. +70% critd is awesome for DHCs, and the +60% for the DBB is nice for BO. Forgot to check the prices of higher mark AP weapons with high Acc modifiers, but I forgot. I'm sure they're still super expensive, though, as they can only be obtained from drops, I think. Maybe Mk XII items with [Acc]x2[crith] would be the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangoes
I'm pretty sure AP is just crit severity, not crit hit - otherwise, as you say, a lot more people would be using them.!
I did check my weapons last night as I said, and you were right, baseline critd only for AP. D'oh.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Yeah, I use the old school mk x k7 AP.
Is that the Acc/CritH/CritD version? I can't remember.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Is that the Acc/CritH/CritD version? I can't remember.
For turrets yes, but it's crtdx2/crith for the rest. Nowadays I think K7 & Ganalda only sell acc/crith/critd versions of the weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
For turrets yes, but it's crtdx2/crith for the rest. Nowadays I think K7 & Ganalda only sell acc/crith/critd versions of the weapons.
Been so long since I bought any (back before the currency/honor change) that I could not remember.
Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Found an issue with AP mk x dhc from k7 it drops the crtd to +60 when using crf csv.
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath
The Mk 10 AP weapons with an high critical severity from Deep Space K-7 are the best of the best for a Tac Captain! Sure, they miss a lot, but a TB1 and a purple TB Doff are very effective to slow down a fast target and drain a little its shields.
But unfortunately when I go hunting at Ker'rat against the strongest Bops and Gurambas and that damned Romulan...well, I often become the prey...
Lol, who's that damned romulan, star?
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-21-2012, 04:07 AM
You know wery well that damned Romulan...and his name starts like mine...but I'm not so dangerous...