Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground STF Items Question
04-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Which set of items do you guys think gives the best chance of surviving and defeating a Ground STF, with the optional objective?

- Mk 11 - MACO/Omega Force Set with Phaser Battle Rifle or Antiproton Autocarbine
- Mk 12 - Very Rare STF Store Regular Items (i.e. Phaser Sniper Rifle Mk12)

Since the Mk 12 MACO/Omega Gear is almost impossible to get, unless you run through each STF 100 times and get lucky enough to get the Proto Tech to drop, this is why I'm wondering what's better. Mk11 MACO/Omega Force Gear, or Mk12 Very Rare STF Standard Items?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-17-2012, 12:22 PM
MACO/Omega set. Hard to beat the set bonuses and the insta-remod.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
MACO/Omega set. Hard to beat the set bonuses and the insta-remod.
Yeah, the shield booster and insta-remod is a winner for the MACO set.

The Omega set? I'm less certain of.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Well I have both MK XI sets. The MK XI Omega set is good for STFs like Khitomer Ground. There the machinegun like weapon fires a lot of heavy damage.

For the STF infected ground i prefer the MK XI M.A.C.O. set because of the emergency shield bonus which is very useful during the endfight. The sinperl ike gun does not fire as rapid a s the Omega one, but here comes the trick: Use both weapons (MK XI Omega and MK XI M.A.C.O.) and you get the 3/3 M.A.C.O. bonus AND a rapid fire Omega machinegun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
but here comes the trick: Use both weapons (MK XI Omega and MK XI M.A.C.O.) and you get the 3/3 M.A.C.O. bonus AND a rapid fire Omega machinegun.
or you just get another XII sniper rifle, or pulsewave and do alot more dmg. Omega rifle is realy **** to fight borg...and thats not only my opinion.

go for high impact weapons, with favourable knockback chance
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2012, 10:07 AM
For suvivability the MACO set is better. If you have support or are experienced the OMEGA set can be useful. I use MACO set with OMEGA rifle in many situations, but also keep Pulsewave handy for 'close encounters.' OMEGA rifle gets only 3 burst shots then gotta switch to MACO or remodulate, works nicely as a long range weapon for the few seconds after they adapt to MACO rifle and remodulater is in recool.
Remember, it still does extra 15 damage +1 even after they adapt, so OMEGA rifle does 48 damage per burst AFTER they adapt.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2012, 02:34 PM
The M.A.C.O. set provides an emergency shield HoT in case you're taking too much fire from the Borg. The Tactical Readiness Network helps to expose the Borg, but this isn't very helpful if half the team isn't using exploit weapon. TRN can really help mop up Borg through exploits, and if you have the Automated Personnel Unit from testing Season 5, it's guaranteed to expose at least a few Borg.

The Omega set provides a Stealth power to increase your damage and reduce the damage you take from the opening shot. It's a good choice for a Tank who wants to increase their damage, especially if you use it to flank the Borg. However, it's not a good idea if you tend to generate more threat then the rest of the team and can't compensate for it. The Team Ambush Field helps the team output more damage, though this isn't necessarily needed for a team with more than three tactical officers. In addition, the Auto Rifle gets adapted to very quickly, even if you use the first setting, so you'll be using your backup weapon a lot more.

Mark XII weapons from the store are good too (if you don't have the set yet). Pulse waves are great at taking out borg that are too close, and deal incredible Damage if you flank the Borg. Split Beams are good for long range if you're trying to pull the Borg, since they don't knock back, but you have to use the secondary fire wisely. Miniguns aren't a very good idea, since they rely on deal damage over time, which isn't very effective against the Borg. The Blast guns are actually worse then the Pulsewave against the Borg, so it's better to just get the Pulsewave.