Lt. Commander
# 1 Dilithium refnement backlog?
04-21-2012, 01:57 PM
I logged on today for the first time in 4 days, hit my refine dilithium, and got a total of 8K refined...

Now I'm fairly sure, previously Dilithium was auto-refined, even for days when you don't log in? Or did this change in a patch and I not spot it in the notes?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Beats me... I play every day, and this is what happens to me:

1. I get "You refined 0 dilithium" messages each time I zone
2. If the timer has reset and I can refine another 8k, I get "Dilithium refining failed" messages until I do refine it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
Beats me... I play every day, and this is what happens to me:

1. I get "You refined 0 dilithium" messages each time I zone
2. If the timer has reset and I can refine another 8k, I get "Dilithium refining failed" messages until I do refine it.
Same here, always have to refine myself...thought the membership had auto refine.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbongrip
Same here, always have to refine myself...thought the membership had auto refine.
Now that you mention it... I subbed at the first of this month but I'm still having to refine mine manually. Hadn't really hit me as I was used to doing it that way but according to the membership listing on the site it's supposed to be automatic now... hmmmmm...
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2012, 02:25 AM
So we're saying auto refinement is broken?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-23-2012, 10:06 AM
The auto refinement doesn't happen if you refine manually. I log in everyday, and I never manually refine. There seems to be a set time when the refining is set to happen. For me, it's in the evening some time. When I log in, I immediately get a message "You refined xxxx dilithium". This only happens once per day. If I earn more dilithium, log out and log back in, there is no auto refinement even if I didn't reach the 8K cap previously. The next auto-refine doesn't happen until I log back in the next day. It's actually a great way to keep track of how much dilithium I have earned in a single day. I actually don't have a backlog of unrefined ore (or at least very little). I think the most I ever had is 10K (I actually earn a lot more in total, but it's just spread across 6 characters, so I rarely reach my refinement cap on any one toon).

So, to test the autorefinement, stop manually refining. The system should 'catch up' after a day or so.