Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixsunbringer
that is arguable. I mean honestly if they were to install the version of the Constitution Class Starship that was featured in the J.J. Abrams movie, I personally would want that ship to at least be a Captain Rank Starship, if not a Rear Admiral, Lower Half Rank Starship. I mean seriously that starship stood up to the Narada and still came out in one piece, which is more than can be said for all the other ships in Starfleet at that time... Especially seeing as how the Narada was loaded up with a crap ton of Borg Technology.

Then again the NX-01 stood up to outright borg during it's original flight sessions, and it had even worse technological ratings than the Constitution Class featured in the Original Series (allegedly anyways)...

Tell that to J.J. Abrams...

EDIT: Also not to nit pick, but Captain Christopher Pike started commanding the N.C.C. 1701 around the year 2250 (give or take a couple of years) that would make the original fitting of the N.C.C. 1701 approximately 160 years old. And thats not even counting the age of the NX-01 in the figures...
a very good point, I completely forgot about the narada, but it could be argued because of the loss of the kelvin they might have made ship design better. Also with the NX-01 taking on a borg ship all be it very primitive. for both refits I could see a tier 3 for them (maybe Tier 2 for the NX-01)
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-21-2012, 08:08 PM
the NX 01 Enterprise launched in 2151 and served for 10 years before being decommissioned for those pesky warp 7s. but yes, the "hot rod" constitution did go up against the narada, but they did have Commander Spock in the Jellyfish as a diversion. I mean look what it did to the Enterprises armada as it dropped out of warp in orbit of vulcan....

i do have a few questions about that movie, it took the armada 3-5 minutes to get to Vulcan from Earth but it took the Narada the whole damn movie to get from Vulcan to Earth?