Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry Follies
04-21-2012, 02:37 PM
So, guys: Can Foundry missions be tackled with friends? Can the difficulty be scaled up to elite or is it at a fixed point? Are there any good suggestions for team based Foundry missioning? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2012, 02:39 PM
you should probably ask this question in the foundry forums.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Perhaps. But this forum has that manly Ferengi feel to it. ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Im a foundry Author, just a small one but I hope to get bigger. The answer to your questions is Yes. You can play them with friends AND you can scale them up to elite if you want. I get my fleet mates to play through mine and I tag along and play it out with them just to help find bugs all the time.

Enjoy the foundry Missions.

And Shameless plug time

Play Home Sweet Home
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2012, 05:45 PM
When you place an NPC group say a group of borg ships
if you play it alone it will probably spawn a few spheres
but if you and some friends play it may spawn a few cubes!!!

The spawns are designed to automatically upgrade the enemy ships spawned the more players enter the mission. To make it fair.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saboreth
So, guys: Can Foundry missions be tackled with friends? Can the difficulty be scaled up to elite or is it at a fixed point? Are there any good suggestions for team based Foundry missioning? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Can You play with friend? Yes. That said, most Foundry missions seem written for ingle play; and while you CAN do them teamed, dependiiong on how they were written, some stuff may appear strange.

Do they scale to difficukty setting and team size? Yes.

A good team based mission? I haven't found one (or made one with that in mind) myself as yet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-22-2012, 12:32 AM
A shameless plug, to be sure, but when opportunity knocks...

"AJS: Finding Resolution" (full-length space and ground mission) was made with teams in mind.

"AJS: Cardassian Shipyard" (a short space battle mission) also works nicely with a team.