Lt. Commander
# 1 Destruction of Romulus
04-22-2012, 10:30 AM
How was Romulus destroyed? Because the old missions did not have that much voice acting and I only read the text if it really seems to be interesting, I did not get who really destroyed Romulus with the super nova. The Iconians and the Tal'Shiar?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2012, 10:58 AM
It was in the plot of the 2009 Star Trek film:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek_(film)

It's a bit long to post here but there's a link
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2012, 11:21 AM
As far as I can determine Praetor Taris did it on orders/advice from a possibly mythical race that may or may not actually exist (she might be out of her tiny romulan mind)
Of course I am only part way through these missions.

Eventually I hope to catch an Iconian and beat the truth out of it
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindWolf View Post
It was in the plot of the 2009 Star Trek film:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek_(film)

It's a bit long to post here but there's a link
Actually the sto storyline is different to the movie. In the movie Romulus was destroyed by its own star (really cheap way to finish off Romulus). Besides, the sto timeline (according to usual star trek linear time line theory) should not even exist.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda
Actually the sto storyline is different to the movie. In the movie Romulus was destroyed by its own star (really cheap way to finish off Romulus). Besides, the sto timeline (according to usual star trek linear time line theory) should not even exist.
The Hobus Star went supernova and destroyed Romulus. The nova was caused by Taris and her Reman lackeys on behalf of the Iconians.

Spock and Nero went back in time and created an alternate timeline. The prime timeline still exists.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda
Actually the sto storyline is different to the movie. In the movie Romulus was destroyed by its own star (really cheap way to finish off Romulus).
No, it looked like another star that did it. If Romulus' star blew up, the planet would have been vaporized instantly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2012, 02:52 PM
So why do we have a Spock data recorder with Spock talking after Romulus was destroyed?

And yes, it was the Hobus Star that went supernova. It says so in the intro cutscene.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Mr Nimoy needs the work
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Right...it was "a" star that went nova. But in star trek going back to the past and altering something would usually still have a direct impact on the future. So imo Vulcan in sto should not exist.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2012, 04:19 PM
STO is still set in the prime time line and we are witnessing the aftermath of the hobus nova from the point of view of that universe etc - by going back in time spock/nero created and entered a parallel reality - which became the jjverse - remember someone (captain of the kelvin or pike?) told nero that Romulus still existed - in jjverse it does. in st/sto prime universe it doesnt. in jjverse vulcan doesnt exist because nero destroyed it. in sto prime universe vulcan survived.