Lt. Commander
# 31
04-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanson1982 View Post
It's a different Cryptic. We rarely see Dan Stahl posting on the forums anymore. Not saying that's a bad thing, just a change in trend from last years. I think he's doing a great job trying to keep the team on track with season 6.
I have to agree! I['ve been happy with the developer feedback this last Month. I wish to in turn give them feedback that they can use in continuing to build a better community here.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-20-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't see dev feedback. I see empty PR efforts.

Ignoring tribble tester feedback and pushing horribly broken things into live is one kind of dev feedback.

The truth is there is little to no resources allocated to STO. The game is now set to be a milk cow on life support. The only true efforts are put into cstore items... its no coincidence how every patch they manage to break something really,really bad but the cstore items and cstore-oriented changes work perfectly when released (they do QA that it seems).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromgold View Post
^^ QFT

@Devs: Why do this happen so often?
Not 'often' .. its 'always'. 'Often' implies sporadic instances of it not happening ...which is not the case. It always happens.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Here's a suggestion for Bran:

IF a thread generates 5 or more relevant and on-topic comments, even IF it's past the 1-month since last post Necro freshness date, let the discussion continue.

Here's a great example of a thread that did not need to be closed:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=256778&page=3

Between February 27 and yesterday, no posts. Necro bait right?

Well, 49 posts between yesterday and today. With a LOT of discussion and thought going into said discussion in those posts.

The system doesn't work when discussion that lively is being shut down because a mere 52 days passed between posts.

So consider revising the rules. That thread wasn't really what anti-necro rules are there to stop. That thread was just a re-invigoration of a lively topic of discussion. Necro threads are when people dig up months old stuff and it just sits there. With most people either commenting that the thread is too old and dated or calling it out as a necro.

So consider my suggestion ... give a thread a chance. If there's 5 .. 10 ... whatever, but if there's enough posts to indicate actual and lively discussion has returned to it ... let it live.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
They completely ignore tribble feedback. What makes you think they'll listen to to polls?
Totally.

I started reading Tribble patch notes and ignoring any discussion or points brought up by players since whatever goes down there seems to go on Live within a few days.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-22-2012, 09:44 PM
They have turned STO into a big cash grab, they won't listen to the community. I looovee the OP's idea, but... PWE and cereal guy and Co. won't care.