Lt. Commander
# 21
04-18-2012, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign001 View Post
All good remarks guys!

Something that bother me even more was the strength of the dominion ships.. These ships were twenty years out of date, the fed ships were actually way more improved, stronger than the ones that fought in the dom wars. Still, that defiant, sovereign exploded instantly and the fleet that wanted to help you, was getting its *** kicked as well against an enemy with 20 year outdated weaponry and shielding...
Well, *technically* the Defiant is as 'old' a ship as the Dominion Ships... as it was fighting the Dominion when the war was initially happening..
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-18-2012, 02:58 AM
All Starfleet tech has been updated to current standards, and for all we know that Defiant could have been of the same retrofit type you can buy in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I like that enough to want one as a pet.
Plus, they're (usually) ludicrously loyal to their masters!
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
All Starfleet tech has been updated to current standards, and for all we know that Defiant could have been of the same retrofit type you can buy in the c-store.
I wish someone would/could explain this to all the "The Excelsior is an ooooold shhhiiiiiiippppppp and has no place in Star Fleet" people.
Lt. Commander
# 25 More voice overs!!
04-22-2012, 10:27 AM
IMO 2800 was the best we ever had. I generally never read the text, but I enjoy the voice acting. So 2800 was one of rare occasions I knew why I am shooting people. We clearly need far more voice acting if the story is to be delivered!
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda
IMO 2800 was the best we ever had. I generally never read the text, but I enjoy the voice acting. So 2800 was one of rare occasions I knew why I am shooting people. We clearly need far more voice acting if the story is to be delivered!
Some of my feedback on the 2800 are due to the rushed 'enthusiasm' to complete the missions when they were first released. Playing them back to back actually did create rather good immersion and they were rather enjoyable.

As for the story gaps here and there well they are inevitable - you just have to fill them in yourself, like reading a book. Too much fluff would have made the missions very boring, and total immersion is sadly not possible with the present state of computer tech

The Jem'Hadar ground set is also quite desirable to me for the Combat Triage Subroutine and the shroud ability. They do help during ground STFs as very few (to no) players play a medic role these days.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
The Jem'Hadar ground set is also quite desirable to me for the Combat Triage Subroutine and the shroud ability. They do help during ground STFs as very few (to no) players play a medic role these days.
What's the point of trying to heal when the Borg drop you in 2-3 hits? Nothing heals for enough to offset that, even if you are fast enough to get it off before the killshot lands.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazapsky
What's the point of trying to heal when the Borg drop you in 2-3 hits? Nothing heals for enough to offset that, even if you are fast enough to get it off before the killshot lands.
After a while you can sort of predict when and where the one-shots are coming from.

Same for space where you know the limitations of the infamous invisible torpedo and can avoid their firing arcs. Granted, space is much easier and less deadly than ground now.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-23-2012, 05:18 AM
Golden rule with Vorta and other genetically engineered life forms

They are not very bright

The Clone is always less intelligent than the original and Vorta are clones.