Lt. Commander
# 1 [Borg] ground weapon modifier
04-20-2012, 09:38 PM
I know this adds a special DoT proc and +15 kinetic(?) damage against Borg, but what I'd like to know is if that +15 kinetic is per volley or per shot.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2012, 01:14 PM
It's a random chance per hit. So a high rate of fire weapon will trigger it more often, but it will also trigger adaptation much more quickly, more than negating the benefit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Strange when I'm fighting Borb on the ground with [Borg] weaponry, I always get the 15 kinetic damage when I fire (100% change to proc).. It's one the reasons, I blast away against a Borg Drone that has adapted to my weapons, but is almost dead. It's generally faster then stopping to remodulate and then fire.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Strange when I'm fighting Borb on teh ground with [Borg] weaponry, I always get the 15 kinetic damage when I fire. It's one the reasons, I blast away against a Borg Drone that has adapted to my weapons, but is almost dead. It's generally faster then stopping to remodulate and then fire.

Honestly if the [Borg] damage of ground weapons were not 100% proc rate, I'd never use them. 15 damage is pathetic when compared to NPC Health values.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Strange when I'm fighting Borb on teh ground with [Borg] weaponry, I always get the 15 kinetic damage when I fire. It's one the reasons, I blast away against a Borg Drone that has adapted to my weapons, but is almost dead. It's generally faster then stopping to remodulate and then fire.

Honestly if the [Borg] damage of ground weapons were not 100% proc rate, I'd never use them. 15 damage is pathetic when compared to NPC Health values.
I noticed that too, hence the the thread. I wanted to know if it was a per shot or per volley, if it's per shot, it makes those low damage, high volume weapons like Full-Auto rifles and Mini-Guns a lot more appealing than they were as the primary fire of the Full-Auto rifle is a three shot burst and would thus do 45 kinetic damage even after the drones have adapted.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2012, 03:34 PM
In the particular case, I don't know. I don't have a [Borg] Mini-gun weapon to test it with. I've trended away from using multi-file weapons after teh Borg changes.

Ooooor maybe I do...I'll have to check after I get off work. I think I have one from the original STF's.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2012, 04:05 PM
This is a 'per-shot' bonus; so every Minigun bolt will get a +15 kinetic damage, which is effective even after adaptation.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magentawolf
This is a 'per-shot' bonus; so every Minigun bolt will get a +15 kinetic damage, which is effective even after adaptation.
That is pretty effectively awesome.