Lt. Commander
# 11
04-23-2012, 06:45 AM
PvP has no balance/counterbalance to its mechanics.
Its gone from FOTM builds that work within the game mechanics to GOTM that work only due to gimmick they involve.
Nothing seems to get fixed but a great " Update" is always on the horizon.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-23-2012, 07:11 AM
1 - no real open PVP

2 - no real open PVP

3- no real open PVP

4- no real open PVP

5- if is so impossible to have open pvp , but only closed as arenas, RANK IT (like -pro- servers and -fun- servers ) as all -good- online game.

6- Dilitium farmers

7- New players who don't want to learn.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-23-2012, 07:24 AM
I use to pvp everyday for hours and hours.
It was broken and unmaintained .
Now it is worse. I do not see any changes in the pipeline that will change it.
I haven't touched it in 6 months.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-23-2012, 09:33 AM
As Mav just said, make hard npc. I would like to add this: have a normal mode, for kirks wannabes, easy and "cannon" like, where the hero cruiser one shots everything, and an elite mode, where pvpers can also see a challenge, and also would be a testing ground for junior pvp-ers.

Main issue I think is many ppl level through pve rather than pvp and pve, have messed up builds (and I was one of those with first tunes I have), then end up getting pawned at end level pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-23-2012, 10:16 AM
The problem with PvP....... hmmmm.......

Hale eats through my shields.
Keg eats through my shields.
Husanak eats through my shields.
GenXCraig eats through my shields.
Reaper eats through my shields.............
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-23-2012, 10:17 AM
People thinking there is only space PvP. There is PvP fun to be had in both space and ground.

'Must have' armor/shields/weapons/skills/C-store consoles/ships. It's killing diversity of play.

AFK'ers/Dilithium farmers/cloakers that stay cloaked and don't fight at all. These people make PvP and waiting for the queueing for PvP a waste of time.

Spawn camping/spawn killing. We need fixed and secure spawn points.

Useless kit skills. Engineering kit - Combat Supply....really?!?

Ranking system. Seperate the noobs and the casual PvPers from the hardcore 'Victory is life!' PvPers.

Meaningful rewards for participating in PvP. Time spent doing PvP is time not spent doing PvE,where the 'must have' gear is to be had.

More maps/enviroments. We have been PvPing on the same maps,seeing the same enviroments for over 2 years now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Here's a controversial one.

1. Nobody cares about ground, despite it being arguably more balanced than space.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
UI lag - fighting your opponents is hard enough without fighting your own controls.

Teaming bugs - premade team breaks on entering the map,team members are no longer on your team and instead on the opposing team/team member is left behind and is not on the PvP map at all.

Balance between factions - the number of ships/consoles/engines/weapons/abilities offered to the Fed side is greater than offered to the KDF side.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Balance between factions - the number of ships/consoles/engines/weapons/abilities offered to the Fed side is greater than offered to the KDF side.
And even then, the Federation can't fight their way out of a paper bag.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-24-2012, 01:55 AM
Sure, but we don't have large carriers spamming siphon drones like crazy, or the infamous toy consoles, the stacking Theta Radiation, the surprising Subspace Jumper, the blocking Barrier Field Generator, the draining Plasmonic Leech...
When hunting the Bops at Ker'rat I can do nothing against skilled Klinguns who use perfectly well all this crap and when pugging against two carriers I resign to die...