Lt. Commander
# 11
04-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
So, again, in short, why should the company's resources be spent to create a new form of Player vs Player Doff missions, when the games actual Player vs Player ship and ground combat still has issues that have yet to be resolved?
Please quote where I said anything about this idea taking priority over other development. I'll save you some time though, because I didnt. You just assumed I meant something I didnt, and started posting off topic comments about something completely unrelated to the Doff system. This thread is not about actual PvP, it is about a new form of Doff mission. All of your comments about actual PvP are off topic in both this thread and this board(Duty Officer System).
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Please quote where I said anything about this idea taking priority over other development. I'll save you some time though, because I didnt. You just assumed I meant something I didnt, and started posting off topic comments about something completely unrelated to the Doff system. This thread is not about actual PvP, it is about a new form of Doff mission. All of your comments about actual PvP are off topic in both this thread and this board(Duty Officer System).
You want a new form of DOFF mission that invoves a Player's Doffs being sent on Doff missions against another Player's Doff Missions.

Which is a new form of PVP via the DOFF System.

So again, my comments in the previous 2 postings now are still Valid. And it is not an assumption that if they were to begin work on this straight away that they would be moving resources around. Resources that could be used on other systems. And while I know that it is not being jumped on straight away, I feel that the resources could be better used else where until such a time that the games actual PVP system is polished up. Which will take quite some time even after they start the Overhaul. So, for the third and final time, I say that while your suggestion would be nice in the future as an interesting option, it would be better to bring up such a suggestion again perhaps later when the DOFF system has stopped showing lengthy bug fixes on patch notes. And when PVP has had it's proper repair.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
And it is not an assumption that if they were to begin work on this straight away that they would be moving resources around.
I didnt say anything about them begining work on this straight away, did I? Again, you assumed I meant something I didnt, and then started posting off topic comments about something completely unrelated to the Doff system. This thread is not about actual PvP, it is about a new form of Doff mission. All of your comments about actual PvP are off topic in both this thread and this board(Duty Officer System).
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Now, Card game tournaments tend to have special prizes. Maybe if you complete enough DvD missions, you get access to more cross faction Doffs?
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Now, Card game tournaments tend to have special prizes. Maybe if you complete enough DvD missions, you get access to more cross faction Doffs?
Sounds like a great idea to me. Of course, Heretic would have to weigh in
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-23-2012, 02:55 PM
It's a really interesting idea. It would, however, require pretty significant tech time to make happen.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
It's a really interesting idea. It would, however, require pretty significant tech time to make happen.
Completely understandable, which is exactly why I never said anything about this being a priority over other development. That said, it would be an interesting long term goal for the Doff system
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
>Blah blah blah 10 thousand words<
You could've just said "-1" and never come back.

Lt. Commander
# 19
04-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Completely understandable, which is exactly why I never said anything about this being a priority over other development. That said, it would be an interesting long term goal for the Doff system
Remember that a consequence of DOff assignments includes the permanent removal of DOffs under certain circumstances. I'm sure that counts as "interesting" - when some newb buys a Cadre, loses half of 'em on the first assignment 'cause they didn't know what they were doing, then files support tickets or fills a board with angry rants - but "interesting" doesn't mean "good."

Lt. Commander
# 20
04-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Although PvP is in the title of this thread, this is not "real" PvP like you are talking about. This is simply about a new form of Doff mission. That being the case, the "real" PvP you are talking about has nothing to do with this thread(or board) and is off topic here.
Well... actually... if the idea was developed, ultimately it could well tie in with the "real" PvP system.

Consider a scenario where the crew of the USS Cantab are repeatedly thwarted by the crew of the IKS NastyKlingons. You could imagine that vessel and its crew becoming something of a nemesis.

Throw in some new PvP maps and a way of issuing a direct challenge to your nemesis, and hey presto, a new game mode.

Perhaps I'm just setting myself up to be flamed by both sides here... oh well