Lt. Commander
# 1 CTD every time now?
04-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Okay i just finish a long and tedius online application with the FAA requiering me to do alot of math (all be it simple) and looking throue alot of records. so i thought id relax alittle and work on my new mission.

i saw a note saying the server was down but the thread it pointed me to says its up and running.

current time: APR 20 0300z

Im on the foundry, working on my mission. i needed to add a beacon to help find the trigger volume for a proximity trigger that was hard to find in the test run. when i went to set the State of said beacon. it crashed to desk top with no error message. and Norton dosent like the error report thing

Full Path: Not Available
4/19/2012 at 10:35:40 PM
Last Used:
4/19/2012 at 10:35:40 PM
Startup Item:
No
Launched:
Yes
Threat Details
SONAR Protection monitors for suspicious program activity on your computer.

Source File:
star trek online.exe
File Created:
crypticerror.exe
File Thumbprint - MD5:
Not Available

i restarted and noticed that a Talk to contact, a pop up dialog, and 2 map transitions have been messed up. Attempting to clik on them to fix it yeilds another CTD. with the same warning from norton.

Event viewer yeilded no help. and it may just be temporary since that serve outage warning is still up.
but i thought id say something
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2012, 08:57 PM
First thing: When your current sub of Norton expires, uninstall it and install one of the free options. Norton is a notorious resource hog. If you are using Win7, I suggest Microsoft Security Essentials. It does its job and doesn't bog down your system while it does it.

Second, there should be an "Exceptions" tab somewhere that should allow your to add all of the Cryptic files to it. I know with Microsoft Security Essentials it asked me about it the first time I opened it but it has ignored it since.

But I'm afraid your issue is Norton. It's a great program for the great unwashed (ie: those who never uninstall the crapware). But for power users, grab something else.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Well Norton has never given me any problems. Its useing less memory than one of my Flight sim Add-ons that runs in the back ground. and i can Run FSX with no preformance hit from it. plus i looked. Norton is not cauesing any issue with preformance

Now onto the issue i am haveing. it Crashing everytime now. The very 2nd i try to click anywhere on the UI. And then it crashed once agine when trying to edit the dialog that messed itself up. I tested this, and it only happense on 1 mission. the one thats not published and is currently in production

This mission is the first in whats sapost to be a long series. and i really dont want to have to rework it from scratch.

Mission ID: ST-HG54CWB7B