Lt. Commander
I had an idea but I am not sure there is tech for it but...

One idea I had without having to go and put a new set in the vendor on DS9 is if through the doff system if we could use EDC's, and/or salvage to use on a doff mission to craft like a stf melee set because I have many characters I setup mainly for the purpose of melee but don't feel they get their love for the sake of assimilation.

The idea is a fed Lirpa or kdf bat'leth with much better looking ones of course that are borgified that would have a nanite effect to proc to help assist not assimilating but not a nanite heal just one to stop assimilation on the weapon. Just thought it would be a fun way of using melee characters again that aren't seeing the light of day in ground stf's because its not really functional because those special hypos aren't something you can rely on much less keeping up stock on them.

Edit: maybe not a sec but something that can be used as a melee weapon for melee stf characters that works with sets but not a part of them to help with this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2012, 02:41 AM
totally agree! good idea.

kind of the console mission i guess. maybe take the shard sword of khaless and upgrade it with your modifier.

doesnt even need to be the doff system, since the crafting system needs a major overhaul anyway, that could be incorporated.

lets say u need to craft MK XII maco set...what u need is XI maco set (or one piece each) and 40 EDC and 5 prototype salvage, then another unreplicateable materials (worth, lets say 10k dilithium) and then u can craft it...on YOUR ship...not at memory alpha.

But to be honest...i don't see any dev giving serious thought to that anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
totally agree! good idea.

kind of the console mission i guess. maybe take the shard sword of khaless and upgrade it with your modifier.

doesnt even need to be the doff system, since the crafting system needs a major overhaul anyway, that could be incorporated.

lets say u need to craft MK XII maco set...what u need is XI maco set (or one piece each) and 40 EDC and 5 prototype salvage, then another unreplicateable materials (worth, lets say 10k dilithium) and then u can craft it...on YOUR ship...not at memory alpha.

But to be honest...i don't see any dev giving serious thought to that anyway.
Motivation is the best key though... I mostly just try to start up ideas on stuff I want to see in the game/make my setups and everyone elses better. The key though to getting the listening and development on them though takes some secret ingredients. First they have to find something they like about it and then you have to come up with the source of the idea that they can present to their superiors that makes the company money in some way. Pretty much if you look at ideas for things in the game the ones that are pushed out rather quickly have a price tag on them.

Pretty much where our views collide on what we want you would suggest a much higher dilithium price tag so for instance most players would buy c points to sell for dilithium to get these where I would grind it up and then maybe pay a little bit to off set the cost some since i'm poor LOL. For on your ship say in your suggestion that only ships with c-store bridges can craft on them

Overall thats how you get ppls attention money talks...

Like Geko says... Free?!?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2012, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
just one to stop assimilation on the weapon
I'm almost 100% certain that borg don't assimilate melee damage. Maybe they do if your weapon isn't doing physical damage?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by datashade View Post
I'm almost 100% certain that borg don't assimilate melee damage. Maybe they do if your weapon isn't doing physical damage?
Think you misread my post... I think you are refering to the game mechanic of adapting where as I am refering to the game mechanic of being assimilated.