Lt. Commander
# 1 Extend Shields III
04-23-2012, 10:31 PM
So I'm a Science Captain, wanting to get into a cruiser, but my main engineer bridge officer is without extend shields III and untradable.

So looking through a few thousand Bridge officers has made me come to the conclusion that Aceton beam III is far too common, and Extend Shields III doesnt exist at all... anyweres..

So only Engineer captains can train this? Why is there not some trade window option to get training for someone for energy credits? Yes I know that wow or something had something like this, but still. A feature that would allow us to train peoples officers more securely would be a much better solution anyways. This way you wouldnt be able to trade them and you'd still have to go track someone down to do the training anyways.

Think that would be a win win.. but for now I guess I have to find some other way to deal with this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Accounts are free now,so start up a silver, and use the doff system to level it up if you don't feel like playing. You'll need to get it to captain in order to be able to trade commander level boffs back and forth. In my case I've got VA's of all 3 types and I'm able to train all my non bound boffs securely and easily now. Sure you can't train a bound boff, but nothing stops you from having more boffs to swap in or out. The training without trading is something that has been wanted since the beginning but I don't think it will happen, so doing it the way I did is the only secure option.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Or ask people nicely to train a Boff for you. I did it a few times, noone ran with it. An if they did? So what. They cost pennies.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2012, 09:15 AM
One of the great things about being in a fleet. Ask in ESD in zone chat, sometimes it works, i have done it before.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
One of the great things about being in a fleet. Ask in ESD in zone chat, sometimes it works, i have done it before.
key word in the op's post was securely, any time you have to hand something to someone else, it isn't secure. That's why we need a training UI.

I won't train anyone else's boffs myself due to a bad experience years back in EQ. I was asked to help someone trade items to an alt, and after getting the items I went linkdead. if folks remember how EQ was on linkdeath your character sometimes stayed in game for long time, and it took 25 mins or so for me to time out. By the time I got back in people I know were flooding me with tells asking what was going on.. The guy I was helping do the trade was flooding zone chats with what a thief I was and how I had stolen his gear.. mind you I was a 65 or 70 raider at the time and he was a lvl 20 or so and nothing he had was of any value to me. I gave him back his stuff once I got hold of him and never again have I bothered touching anyone elses stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Of course no amount of friends or alternate accounts helps if the BOFF in question is untradeable.

Aside; if ya set up multiple accounts, how are you logging in with both at once? A second computer, or can STO be toned down enough to run in a virtual machine?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
Of course no amount of friends or alternate accounts helps if the BOFF in question is untradeable.

Aside; if ya set up multiple accounts, how are you logging in with both at once? A second computer, or can STO be toned down enough to run in a virtual machine?
multiple pcs here, but you can run multiple clients, no virtual machine needed.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...4_142208-1.jpg

I've had both accounts on tribble and holodeck at the same time on this machine, alt tabbing between them while doing skill changes and stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Buy the cheapest boff off the exchange and ask someone for a train..... the good thing about space is traits other than efficient are pretty much useless...

If they run with it.. what do they get? lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-25-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
Buy the cheapest boff off the exchange and ask someone for a train..... the good thing about space is traits other than efficient are pretty much useless...

If they run with it.. what do they get? lol
That only gets a NEW boff trained, not one you already have. Which is why we need the UI.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I've been saying since the beginning when BOFF training was introduced that they needed a better way of handling it, especially because of bound officers. (Granted, the Borg was the only one at that time, but it was enough to see the way they implemented it was a kludge.)