Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1 Invalid Password Issue
04-24-2012, 01:29 PM
I logged out to change characters and was told my password was invalid when I attempted to log back in. After several attempts to type it, I'm absolutely certain I was typing it correctly and had "Cryptic" and not "Perfect World" selected, but it was still not working, either for the game or the website. I successfully reset it and I'm back in now, in any case.

There are a load of people complaining of the same happening to them in the in-game chat, btw.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Same exact thing just happened to me, but i can't reset the damn thing because it keeps taking me back to the damn home page. Can you tell me how you did yours?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman12291969
Same exact thing just happened to me, but i can't reset the damn thing because it keeps taking me back to the damn home page. Can you tell me how you did yours?
I clicked the "forgot password" link on the website's login page. It worked for me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2012, 01:34 PM
It takes me back to the home page.

I swear as much as I enjoy this game, this garbage is getting on my nerves.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman12291969
It takes me back to the home page.

I swear as much as I enjoy this game, this garbage is getting on my nerves.
Exact same thing just happened to me, and of course I can't submit a ticket because now I don't have an account, evidently. Since the "Forgot my Password" button takes you back to the homepage, I'm guessing they're doing it themselves, harvesting credit card information or whatever nefarious purpose. After the lock box scam, nothing would surprise me.

Any thoughts on how to recover it or if it's worth the effort? My fear is that the account has been hacked, and my credit card and personal information is still on record with the account info. Is there a legal course I should look into taking since PW refuses to address the issue?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Yep, this issue is exactly happening to me also. D: The "Forgot password" sends me directly to the Homepage unfortunately...

I went to support and sent PWE my E-mail and @handle to let the devs know about this login issue. Now since I can't play neither Star Trek Online or Champions Online atm, all I can do is wait for a response.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Same here. Reset password email got rerouted to my spamfolder... I got nervous and opened up a ticket, restored access to my account in the meanwhile. Everything seemed in working order, characters where I left them, items in expected amounts. Odd!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-24-2012, 01:44 PM
I have the exact same issue.Went to support and opened a ticked.
Maybe if we delete all cookies and login fresh would help
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-24-2012, 01:46 PM
having the same issue. also if i try it via the Support im forwarded to Perfect world. if i want to login there it dont work if im trying to register there it says my email is in use.

also the recover Link allways takes me back to the startpage. got no emails even in ma junkfolder.

edit i cannot even change anything on the website ex my passwort because it tells me that its the wrong one.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Thank you for bringing this issue to the forums btw. At least I know I'm not the only one who is having trouble with this.
Closed Thread