Lt. Commander
# 1 Guest Blog: The Foundry
04-24-2012, 01:45 PM
In this Guest Blog, StarbaseUGC stops by to let players know how they can play community-authored Foundry missions, and learn to create their own missions.

Link to the blog.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Heres a really crazy idea: when someone unlocks the "Investigate Officer Reports" daily mission in game, maybe include a link or button that links to this blog or the Foundry section on the web site?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2012, 01:53 PM
It was so much fun making this trailer.

It was an honour to be asked to do it.. can't wait until friday ;-P
*is still nervous*
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusfilms View Post
It was so much fun making this trailer.
Great job !
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Heres a really crazy idea: when someone unlocks the "Investigate Officer Reports" daily mission in game, maybe include a link or button that links to this blog or the Foundry section on the web site?
Straight jacket time!!!!!

Quote:
Space…The Final Frontier… For many, these words were the beginning of a journey of imagination, introspection and adventure. When it was announced that Star Trek was going to be coming to the world as a Massively Multiplayer Online game, it was only natural it would attract the interest of fans around the world. Within a year of the games launch, the developers added a feature that gives ANY player of the game a voice rarely available in most online games – the ability to make their own content.
B/c Cryptic obviously can't. :p At times it feels like I'm playing my first phase foundry missions.... And after Season 5 (or was it 4 hmmm) broke the Foundry for about 2 months....whoosh..there went all the know-how I used to have...learning how to make missions all over again pretty much..
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Beautifully done Starbase UGC!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Great job on both the article and the trailer, but there's one think that sticks out: I believe you have to specifically sign up to become a "Reviewer" before you can access the "Review Content" tab.

I could be wrong, but I don't have that tab so something's up either way.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-24-2012, 04:58 PM
I've wanted to create Foundry missions for a while now...
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Great job on both the article and the trailer, but there's one think that sticks out: I believe you have to specifically sign up to become a "Reviewer" before you can access the "Review Content" tab.

I could be wrong, but I don't have that tab so something's up either way.
Thanks, im glad you liked it.

The review content tab is one that you have to enable, by signing up to be a reviewer, that tab contains missions that have just been published and have less than 5 ratings. To make it into the main community authored tab, the mission must have 5 ratings.

For most players, there isn't a great need to use that tab as the same content is available in the other tab and they can still review a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-24-2012, 05:38 PM
What mission is the screenshot / thumbnail on the blog entry from? The one that appears on the main sites news feed?