Lt. Commander
They NEED to have different skill levels for the PVP, I believe this is one of the biggest reasons why so few actually do it. ( speaking from game play statistics posted by STO )

Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.

I would say base it on number of kills, maybe with every # of kills you can go into the higher tier. Or for support players, by the amount of healing/damage done.

At east with the skill levels, the fleet people can go and have a good match against people as skilled/spec'd out as they are. 15-0 cannot be very fun, for either side.

If I didn't think that I would be instantly killed by whatever fleet is owning in PVP at the moment, I would play it.

For now, I see PVP only for those who are skilled into PVP only, and in fleets.

And I refuse to be one of the losers that sits in the PVP for the dilithium.

Now wheres that guy to tell me im an idiot, then has to change his comment because he is violating the rules? lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
They NEED to have different skill levels for the PVP, I believe this is one of the biggest reasons why so few actually do it. ( speaking from game play statistics posted by STO )

Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.

I would say base it on number of kills, maybe with every # of kills you can go into the higher tier. Or for support players, by the amount of healing/damage done.

At east with the skill levels, the fleet people can go and have a good match against people as skilled/spec'd out as they are. 15-0 cannot be very fun, for either side.

If I didn't think that I would be instantly killed by whatever fleet is owning in PVP at the moment, I would play it.

For now, I see PVP only for those who are skilled into PVP only, and in fleets.
Personally I don't believe that premades are as big of an issue as some of the mechanics that work too well or not at all. If things worked appropriately we'd see the playing field level off a fair amount. I'd still get stomped while PuGing against relatively well organized teams but it wouldn't feel so cheap.

I hope one day we can accommodate all levels of players and even encourage them to improve. Lower levels could provide lower rewards for example. For now though I'd just like to see resources devoted to cleaning up the messes.

Quote:
And I refuse to be one of the losers that sits in the PVP for the dilithium.
Thank you for that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2012, 04:47 PM
*smirks*

I like the way this OP thinks.

+1.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2012, 01:21 AM
well, theres normal and elite ques for stfs, might not hurt to have something like that in pvp ques. it would be up to us to self regulate and to choose elite, not just go face role the noobs for kicks in normal. i would prefer being in the ques with the higher level of total talent though, and the beginners might see a normal que as more inviting. ideally, it would be a better experience for everyone, in theroy.