Lt. Commander
# 1851
04-17-2012, 02:01 PM
U.S.S. Norfolk... That's where I live, Norfolk, VA and it just happens to be the Worlds largest Naval Base... so it kind of fit /grin
Lt. Commander
# 1852
04-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Well I fly a tactical Odyssey-Class vessel so I called my ship: U.S.S. Achilles.

Achilles is a half-god heroe from Homers greek llias saga. Odyssey sounds like Odysseus who is another heroe from Homers saga. So the way I see it it fits.

For my character name:
In Germany we have a lottery called "Lotto". To win you need 6 numbers out of 49 so I called my female liberated borg: "Six of Fourtynine" or short version "Six".
Lt. Commander
# 1853
04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felhammer
U.S.S Carlskrona - currently the largest vessel in the Royal Swedish Navy. Named after the Swedish naval city of Karlskrona. Initially a minelayer/deminer, but refitted into an Ocean patrol vessel (OPV). Translated directly as "the Crown of king Charles." Note: Karl in Swedish = Charles in English.
That is the biggest minelayer I've ever seen!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Carlskrona_(M04)
Lt. Commander
# 1854
04-18-2012, 01:39 AM
I have just started playing and have 2 ships

USS Yamoto is my Miranda class vessel and I named it after the WWII battleship which also was a major plot point for StarBlazers or Space Battleship Yamato in Japan.

USS Imperial Terran is my Constitution class vessel. I am a huge Mirror Universe fan so since I cannot name my ship ISS i used this. I think other ships will be famous warships and or war gods or goddess. I am thinking of Havoc or Mars for my next ship. I was thinking of Potemkin but it was used in TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 1855
04-24-2012, 11:59 PM
I now have newer ships. The constitution refit USS IMPERATOR which is latin for Emporer

The USS HAVOC a cheyenne class vessel from the term "cry havoc and slip loose the dogs of war!

USS Potempkin after the famous Russian warship this is the Excelsior class ship but now i realize there was a potempkin that was also excelsior in star trek just like yamato...
Lt. Commander
# 1856
04-25-2012, 12:07 AM
My ships for my main have always been the U.S.S. GALLIFREY NCC-170169
Pretty obvious why its that name..lol..
Lt. Commander
# 1857
04-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Most recent ship U.S.S. Avenger ... because I love the Avengers (Marvel Comics). And yes, from way back. Not just because of the movie. But all the hype lately did bring it to my attention and the name seemed perfect for a Defiant class ship.
Lt. Commander
# 1858
04-25-2012, 02:09 AM
U.S.S. Polaris, NCC-93176-C

'Polaris' is known as The North Star. It was the first star I ever saw through a telescope in Astronomy II B in High School.

NCC-91376-C '13' = My personal lucky number. '76' Year I was born. The '9' is pre registered by the game. And the 'C' is because this is my third ship.
Lt. Commander
# 1859
04-25-2012, 04:00 AM
U.S.S. DarkFyre. A Miranda class. Named after a character of mine from another forum. In the context of STO, DarkFyre is the ambassador of my character's planet, and so a ship was named after him.

U.S.S. DarkFyre - A. Constitution class. Decomissioned the Miranda so I could name this one with the A prefix, not realising I could not buy another Miranda. D'oh! Storywise, the original DarkFyre exploded rather spectacularly in Kerrat in a Borg ambush.

U.S.S. Valhalla. Akira class. Named after the Norse afterlife.

U.S.S. Chicago. Named after the city. When I was little, I pretended my Enterprise D toy was my own ship, the Chicago, and had my own adventures. It seemed logical when I got a galaxy class here to name it after that ship and fullfill that fantasy as close as I would ever get.

U.S.S. Sentinel. Named after Sentinel Prime from Transformers, and the Sentinel from the star trek game Invasion. Has the same registry as the Invasion Sentinel (but I did have to put a 9 in front) and carries a C (since the Invasion Sentinel carried a B). Like her predecessor, she is a Sovereign.

U.S.S. Evanescence. A Runabout, named after my favourite band.

U.S.S. Predacon. A Type 8 shuttle, named after a faction from Transformers.

U.S.S. Denmark. A Type 10 shuttle. It was the default name, and actually sounded fine for once, so I kept it.
Lt. Commander
# 1860
04-25-2012, 10:21 PM
U.S.S. John F. Kennedy: Because JFK, for all of his shortcomings, was still one of the best presidents of the United States of America

(unowned, but planned) U.S.S. Iris Arc: It's a flagship for a Sci-Fi series idea of mine. I can't give any more detail than that. :p