Lt. Commander
I was wondering whether any of the Devs thought about whether a form of the DO system might be ported over to CO?

I know that topic is probably better discussed in the CO forums, but I wanted to start here anyway.

Ok, Heroes don't have "duty officers" per se. But comic books do have a cast of people besides the heroes. Instead of "duty officers" they might be love interests, reporters, informants, bystanders, law enforcement... any NPC who might be in a position to do something for a hero and loosely ties into the hero's story.

It might fill some of the same "minor subplot" holes that the DO system fills in Star Trek Online. It might even suggest new ones for this game.

As to any analogue of the Commendation System, I dunno. Was I to take a quick stab at it, I might suggest something like...

Investigation (Detective Work), Law Enforcement, Arms, Science, Mysticism, Public Relations, and Personal Development (which might include things like love interests and "secret identity" stuff).

And I'll stop there, before it goes way off topic and out of scope.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2012, 02:31 PM
The system was intentionally designed to be portable to other systems and other games.

That being said, whether, how and when such is done depends on the individual projects in question and what their priorities, interests and resources look like. It is something that I have been consulted on, so I know it has been investigated, but I cannot really say more than that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The system was intentionally designed to be portable to other systems and other games.
This makes the software designer/architect in me smile
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Can anyone say, sidekick?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2012, 10:12 PM
You are thinking too small. You need to think big. Masterminds with legions of followers. And what do your need to fight them? A Secret Government Agency with losts of Agents. The Minions System for CO could be a back door way to introducing player villainy to the game. I know you would want the system to be something like DOFFS system is to STO. But let the characters be part-time villains who's secret identify is a hero. Who would suspect. And if don't right there would even be some PvP aspects to the system. An villain assignment actually goes up against a player assignment. To keep it fair have then be totally random match ups.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

That being said, whether, how and when such is done depends on the individual projects in question and what their priorities, interests and resources look like. It is something that I have been consulted on, so I know it has been investigated, but I cannot really say more than that.
just tell me when i need to prepare a new spreadsheet for those games