Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 `Borg vs COLD!
04-23-2012, 06:56 PM
So can the Borg adapt to cold damage? Via the CRM 200?

I can see them adapting to energy, cause it's what they do... But cold? Nah, doesn't seem right to me.

Anyone know if they do?
-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
So can the Borg adapt to cold damage? Via the CRM 200?

I can see them adapting to energy, cause it's what they do... But cold? Nah, doesn't seem right to me.

Anyone know if they do?
-Quiiliitiila
Last time I checked (right after remodulators came out), yes. Yes they do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Wow, even Terminators of all types are vulnerable to cold. Borg adaptation is amazing.

What did they do, turn up the heat?

We will be fighting Borg with broomsticks, frying pans and stilleto heels in no time!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-24-2012, 06:18 AM
We've seen in First Contact that ye olde bullets work just fine against Borg. In STO Borg also use this awful invention "personal shields" so you have to drop those first, but why Starfleet isn't issuing good old M16s by now is beyond me. Can't adapt to kinetic damage... no remodulation necessary... but nooo, the military geniuses at Starfleet (and also KDF) still prefer to shoot energy weapons at Borg.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-24-2012, 07:56 AM
My personal favourite against the borg is the ghost busters gun. The name escapes me, something like synchronistic blah blah prototype rifle I think.

The rifle has 2 different energy types in one weapon. The primary is a slow firing anti proton bolt that does good damage and the secondary is unique to this weapon. It's "proton" I think. It's an energy beam that will jump from one target to another a max of 4 or 5 times and does a healthy (or unhealthy?) amount of damage per target. Also if one target in the chain is critted all targets in the chain after it are also critted. Nifty eh?

As they are different energy damage types the borg must adapt to both separately meaning that you are effectively carrying 3 weapons as long as your other weapon is not anti proton.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
So can the Borg adapt to cold damage? Via the CRM 200?

I can see them adapting to energy, cause it's what they do... But cold? Nah, doesn't seem right to me.

Anyone know if they do?
-Quiiliitiila
I initiated a thread about it. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=266932
I tried it. It doesn't do anything. It can make them slow for a really short time. Breen weapons have something interesting. You can kill your teammates with it
I tried the CRM 200 in KA ground normal. The mob didn't care about. My teammate was frozen.
I tried cold grenade. I killed my teammate but not the borgs. I remind his words. "Someone killed me. Who is it?"
Anyway, I tried all of freeze gear from breen. It's useful on teammates but not really on Borg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
We've seen in First Contact that ye olde bullets work just fine against Borg. In STO Borg also use this awful invention "personal shields" so you have to drop those first, but why Starfleet isn't issuing good old M16s by now is beyond me. Can't adapt to kinetic damage... no remodulation necessary... but nooo, the military geniuses at Starfleet (and also KDF) still prefer to shoot energy weapons at Borg.
Because projectile/bullet weapons are old, archaric, and barbarian!

According to Federation. However if you look at the honor guard shotgun, it's actually designed to be anti-borg.

A: Shotgun setting disruptor.
B: Grenade launcher attached.
C: Bayonets for close quarters.

As opposed to the MACO/Omega Force where it's a plain rifle.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
Because projectile/bullet weapons are old, archaric, and barbarian!

According to Federation. However if you look at the honor guard shotgun, it's actually designed to be anti-borg.

A: Shotgun setting disruptor.
B: Grenade launcher attached.
C: Bayonets for close quarters.

As opposed to the MACO/Omega Force where it's a plain rifle.
Shush you! Leave the gaping plot holes protecting our gimmicky cyber-zombies be!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous
My personal favourite against the borg is the ghost busters gun. The name escapes me, something like synchronistic blah blah prototype rifle I think.

The rifle has 2 different energy types in one weapon. The primary is a slow firing anti proton bolt that does good damage and the secondary is unique to this weapon. It's "proton" I think. It's an energy beam that will jump from one target to another a max of 4 or 5 times and does a healthy (or unhealthy?) amount of damage per target. Also if one target in the chain is critted all targets in the chain after it are also critted. Nifty eh?

As they are different energy damage types the borg must adapt to both separately meaning that you are effectively carrying 3 weapons as long as your other weapon is not anti proton.
Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifle. I flip between using that an the Omega Force Antiproton Carbine as my secondary weapon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
We've seen in First Contact that ye olde bullets work just fine against Borg. In STO Borg also use this awful invention "personal shields" so you have to drop those first, but why Starfleet isn't issuing good old M16s by now is beyond me. Can't adapt to kinetic damage... no remodulation necessary... but nooo, the military geniuses at Starfleet (and also KDF) still prefer to shoot energy weapons at Borg.
Sure they can...the two in "First Contact" just got killed before they could adapt to the gunfire.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 PM.