Lt. Commander
# 11
04-25-2012, 04:38 PM
I think as a general rule of thumb you're better off just making up your own completely new characters. Then there's absolutely no chance of a EULA violation.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Major problem
04-25-2012, 08:09 PM
I find that I hav eno foundry slots. It says I can get them from the cstore but I can find them. Where are they?

I'm a silver member, I know I need 10,000 rd per slot.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by train41 View Post
I find that I hav eno foundry slots. It says I can get them from the cstore but I can find them. Where are they?

I'm a silver member, I know I need 10,000 rd per slot.
In the character screen, there's a "Create Content" tab. Click it, and you'll see a button in the lower half of the screen that says "Buy Foundry Project Slots" (something like that).

And it's 10,000 for a starter set of four slots.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2012, 05:00 AM
I didn't see anything like that when I was there last night. But is it on holo deck or tribble . I'll check tonight
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-26-2012, 11:44 AM
is the foundry on trible or holodeck?

ive only loged on to holodeck and ive hit the create content buttonn but whebn i do, the kilgon and fed buttons blak out.

i kno i need to create a character to test play, but i cant if the buttons are blacked out. do i have to have 2 playable characters to unlock the foundry or can i just have my 1.

can someone please help me fiqure out how to get to creating a character for the foundry? i dont have enoughp rd yet, but in a 1-4 days i might. ill check tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
In the character screen, there's a "Create Content" tab. Click it, and you'll see a button in the lower half of the screen that says "Buy Foundry Project Slots" (something like that).

And it's 10,000 for a starter set of four slots.
ok, i found it. have to to stuff like mad to get enough rd. thanks for help
Career Officer
# 17
06-20-2012, 01:36 PM
just resubscribing----ignore comment
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
I think as a general rule of thumb you're better off just making up your own completely new characters. Then there's absolutely no chance of a EULA violation.
There is the mission of "Will and a Barclay" where she has you on a holodeck and says the images are messed up. But claims they are Captain Picard and his crew all in the form of her. This was very funny, but I am certain if someone wanted to make a federal case out of it, they could.

I am sure there is a grey area on this rule, but this rule is in place to keep Cryptic out of court with anyone like CBS or Paramount who could sue them. Since this is supposed to be 30 years after the last movie, all the characters would be dead or dying anyway. So personally I prefer to make up characters in the costuming.

Good luck with your mission!
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Rihannsu
# 19
06-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Of course I don't think anything stops you from using likenesses (it's pretty hard to make one anyway) of any non-Trek actors to 'play' the role so to speak.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
06-20-2012, 02:46 PM
From the EULA:

Quote:
You may not use New Game Materials to infringe on the rights of privacy and publicity of third parties.
I would interpret this as prohibiting you from using anyone's likeness without their permission.

ST, that mission you're referencing is actually fine according to the EULA. As long as you do not use the likenesses of the actors, you can use the characters. I.E. you can have Barcley in your mission, but he can't look like Dwight Shultz.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 06-20-2012 at 02:52 PM.