Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-24-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar_99 View Post
Why are these bound on pickup if they are the URs? None of the others are.
I'm wondering the same as well, just really don't see the reason.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-24-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The Hamlet photonics are technically not ultra-rares since they only have the conventional active roster powers. Ultra-rares by definition have non-standard active roster powers.
and what about the 3 the OP posted?

they are obviously hand crafted... (unique names + quotes)
but the powers don't look special to me?
did anybody check if they have higher % chances than the usual purple maybe?

also
Bind on Pickup in a card TRADING game does seem like a huge devaluation of the item

a bound item is the same to me like an unwrapped collectors action figure -> lost it's collectors worth
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Ultra-rares by definition have non-standard active roster powers.
you know that these ferengi are announced as ultra rare in the dev blog post #39? so why don't they have any special active roster ability?

"Ferengi Duty Officer Pack with 3 random Ferengi Duty Officers. These Ferengi have access to Traits and Specializations not previously available to their Species and are guaranteed to be Uncommon (green) quality or better. Opening this pack also grants you the opportunity to win one or more of four Ultra-Rare, Unique duty officers not available anywhere else!"

btw, i don't see any reason to make them bind on pickup. it's really annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Ramone
you know that these ferengi are announced as ultra rare in the dev blog post #39? so why don't they have any special active roster ability?

"Ferengi Duty Officer Pack with 3 random Ferengi Duty Officers. These Ferengi have access to Traits and Specializations not previously available to their Species and are guaranteed to be Uncommon (green) quality or better. Opening this pack also grants you the opportunity to win one or more of four Ultra-Rare, Unique duty officers not available anywhere else!"
They should not have been referred to as ultra-rare. Marketing most likely did not realize there is specific terminology attached to that term in the system.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Yay for false advertising. Well, I was finally able to find the last unique Duty officer after opening 360 packs. Yes, that's 1080 DOffs before I found the one that Epsilonian didn't find. (Only got a total of 3 of the bind on pickup officers.) Here's her stats:

Industrialist Krinda

Overall, this whole process has been a huge letdown. Not only are all of these officers not Ultra rares as they were advertised as, they're also bind on pickup.

I should also note that these officers seem to be made with the Child's Toy console crafting mission in mind - they all have resolve and multiple traits that work for critting.

In addition, the Trader DOff is a trader for assignment purposes, but counts as a Quartermaster when applied to ground duty - you're not able to equip him and another Quartermaster for double the bonus cooldown reduction.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionfone View Post
Yay for false advertising. Well, I was finally able to find the last unique Duty officer after opening 360 packs. Yes, that's 1080 DOffs before I found the one that Epsilonian didn't find. (Only got a total of 3 of the bind on pickup officers.) Here's her stats:
Wow, I felt I had opened a lot of packs until I read that. This is a ton of packs! That's an EC cost of about 504 million.