Lt. Commander
# 11
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM
To those of you complaining, you do realize we get a patch every Thursday morning, right? This is just scheduled Thursday patch...
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnaAngel
I think Ole Cryptic needs to re-allocate some of thier funds to get a more stable server that dosent need maintance every 3 days and countless downtime. I never have issues out of my servers, two of which handle high volume.
The server needs maintenance regularly because it runs 24/7 with thousands of people online constantly making changes to the database each time they perform an action. If nothing else it needs to be taken down to perform a backup of the data in case of a crash - and a chance to reorgaise the disk space used.

Maintenace doesnt mean something broke, it means they want to help prevent it breaking for as long as they can. Oh and I forgot it also means that if they have something they want to update in the core programming, they get a chance to do that while it isnt running the game
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtassadar
You people complain way too much. Play a Nexon game, then talk about unstable servers.
Or Desert operations lol and that game isnt even resource hungry like STO!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Server unstable or maintance, Server unstable or maintance, Server unstable or maintance?

I think I'm fine with a scheduled maintance every once and a while, I would rather not be in an STF and get random DC when I am about to get my Proto Type Tech Drop.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-26-2012, 09:12 AM
The maintenance of the Holodeck been completed and the shard has been unlocked.
Closed Thread