Lt. Commander
# 31
04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post
I may be reading too much into this, but I think my fleet's going to be a little disappointed. We're all raging hardcore DS9 fans and were really hoping to get our own abandoned Cardassian mining station spaceframe. Just from the sound of what you are saying Tumerboy, it looks like we're all going to have the same generic Fed starbase.

(BTW, I want to make it clear that that I'm not criticizing here; I'm sure that what you've put together looks great, and I'm personally still excited for the fleet starbase system. I just am a little disappointed that it seems like this won't be an option...)
well strictly speaking they already have a DS9 Exterior (and most of the interior) built for them to work on, so it wouldn't be that hard for them to give you options such as that, however I see his post as simply confirming that new designs will be available as well.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-25-2012, 02:05 PM
It will be interesting to see how this is implemented. I'm betting it won't be any sort of C-Store purchase.

A lot of games limit the number of guild hall (starbase) locations. Often there will be various sizes of structure for various sized orgs. And often there is rent for the space.

So I kind of imagine there will be extreme costs involved in getting a station. We'll likley see some form of dilithium fleet deposit (often contributed/collected as some form of dues) that is drafted from on a regular basis to maintain the station. They'll make it a vast enough amount that an actual group of active players will be needed. If it can't be maintained, it goes up for grabs to another org.

Of course this usually means that the bigger orgs will be ensured the cooler stations. And few if any one-account-alt-fleets will be able to afford the sink by themselves.

Lots of ways to do it. We'll just have to see...
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Next thing you know they sell a item on c store that will turn the starbase into a fully operational battlestation muhahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
it has been mentioned in the dev blog updates and in stoked with their inteviews we are supposed to be getting evrything in season 6 around june along with new stf and a tholian ground mission
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake477
Tumorboy what do fleets need to gather in order to build these bases, my Fleet the Armada is gathering materials and i was wondering if you have any indication of what exactly our fleets need so i can do some gathering runs. Much appreciated

Also make some PVP missions with this base too so that way fleets can use them for something other than a social site. please

Sorry, I can't answer that. That's a question for Stahl or Heretic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldaria View Post
well strictly speaking they already have a DS9 Exterior (and most of the interior) built for them to work on, so it wouldn't be that hard for them to give you options such as that, however I see his post as simply confirming that new designs will be available as well.
Adding existing stations isn't quite as simple as all of that. I'm hoping that things like DS9 will be added as options in the future, but they won't be there at launch, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post

Adding existing stations isn't quite as simple as all of that. I'm hoping that things like DS9 will be added as options in the future, but they won't be there at launch, sorry.
Honestly I'm hoping it works sorta like Bridge Packs. We get a base of different flavors to choose from and then special options like a TOS, or DS9 style will be added to the C-store. Just need to add a Fleet Bank for C-Points or Refined Dilithium that cannot be withdrawn from to buy anything other than Starbase Stuff, or other Fleet Wide Effects to prevent the leadership of a fleet, or a hacker from absconding with everything.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
So, in the Dev tracker, that question appears as this:

Quote:
Sorry, I can't answer that. That's a question
And I had visions of you getting called into the bosses office, and being told you need to stop answering questions on the forums, and then you coming back to the forums with this sheepish response. I almost expected you to ask that the person rephrase it as an exclamation.

Of course, I only know you people by your avatars, so it was an incredibly surreal vision of Statesmen and V'ger explaining to a taco headed monster in a very nonthreatening way that he needs to tone down the question answering.
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronH View Post
So, in the Dev tracker, that question appears as this:

And I had visions of you getting called into the bosses office, and being told you need to stop answering questions on the forums, and then you coming back to the forums with this sheepish response. I almost expected you to ask that the person rephrase it as an exclamation.

Of course, I only know you people by your avatars, so it was an incredibly surreal vision of Statesmen and V'ger explaining to a taco headed monster in a very nonthreatening way that he needs to tone down the question answering.
lolololololololololololololololololololololol
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-27-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm taking screenshots today for some promo stuff. . . so keep yer eyes peeled.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
I'm taking screenshots today for some promo stuff. . . so keep yer eyes peeled.
"Members of the High Council, let us discuss a taco statue for the hall of warriors ...."

Keep it up and it could happen!