Lt. Commander
# 1 Reman set visuals
04-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi everyone!

As most of us know, the Reman shields feature spectacular and comprehensive ship visuals--changes to the way your ship looks, which can be enabled or disabled. I just acquired the Reman Impulse Engine today and saw that it has the option to enable and disable visuals, but--as with the Jem'Hadar engine--I can't see any real change to the way my ship looks. Maco, Borg, Omega, Breen, Aegis...they all have some sort of "trail" and such that increases with speed. The Jem'Hadar and now apparently Reman engines, though, say they have visuals but if so I must be missing them.

Anybody know about or have pictures of the Reman engine and/or deflector (if there are visuals) visuals? Or the Jem'Hadar impulse engine?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Hi everyone!

As most of us know, the Reman shields feature spectacular and comprehensive ship visuals--changes to the way your ship looks, which can be enabled or disabled. I just acquired the Reman Impulse Engine today and saw that it has the option to enable and disable visuals, but--as with the Jem'Hadar engine--I can't see any real change to the way my ship looks. Maco, Borg, Omega, Breen, Aegis...they all have some sort of "trail" and such that increases with speed. The Jem'Hadar and now apparently Reman engines, though, say they have visuals but if so I must be missing them.

Anybody know about or have pictures of the Reman engine and/or deflector (if there are visuals) visuals? Or the Jem'Hadar impulse engine?
The Jem'Hadar engines turn your engine trails purple. Swap back and forth between the Reman engines and a common engine and you might see a color difference.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2012, 10:29 PM
The Reman engines make your entire impulse trail green, whereas if you only use the Reman shield, it makes one pair of trails green, the other red...
it's a subtle difference but it is there... also it makes the rear impulse parts glow green, as opposed to red for my Fed Defiant.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2012, 05:14 PM
The Reman shields of course gives your ship the glorious green metallic visual, which also turns your Warp nacelle trails green. With the Reman Impulse engines it also turns your impulse ion train green. So you should have 4 green engine trails instead of 2 green, 2 red with only the shield equipped.

The Jem'Hadar engines also turns your impulse ion trails purple.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the input, all! I believe that something is wrong with my installation of STO, as the Reman and Jem'Hadar ion trails aren't visible on my computer but are visible on a friend's computer. Also, I can no longer see most party popper and fire extinguisher effects. I can, however, see the full effects of the Aegis, Maco, Borg, Breen, and Omega space set gear. Looks like a reinstall is in order for me...and if that doesn't fix the issues I'll try asking for GM support but I probably should try a reinstall first.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Have you enabled all the graphical options, and if your computer can support it,all of them maxed out at a reasonable resolution?

Also remember to not zoom in too close to your ship/character, that tends to cause some effects like impulse glows to dissapear
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-23-2012, 07:11 PM
I really wish that the visuals were tied to an accolade unlocked by earning the Reman Sheilds/Engines/etc. the first time. Same with the Borg and STF gear visuals. I would rather see the visuals become ship "material" options for ships.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I really wish that the visuals were tied to an accolade unlocked by earning the Reman Sheilds/Engines/etc. the first time. Same with the Borg and STF gear visuals. I would rather see the visuals become ship "material" options for ships.
I agree on this point I would like to have the option like on ground to use a set bu have the visual combination i prefer.
Ensign
# 9 Blue Glow
02-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Ok so the Reman set makes that nice teal glow, and the Jem Hadar makes purple. Is there any sets that change everything blue? I know most Fed nacelles are blue, but the buzzard collectors and impulse engines I would like to change blue too. I heard it might be the Aegis set, but all the pictures I've seen of it indicate that most parts of the ship that were red stayed that way.
Captain
# 10
02-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Aegis and MACO turn the ship blue, but nothing changes the red bussard collectors. (Well, the MACO turns them Orange, but I digress)

BTW, does anyone else smell something dead?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."