Lt. Commander
# 11
04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
We will probably see something later today or tomorrow morning.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
My understanding is it is a replay of the last event.
If they give out free DoFFs again, will we be able to get copies of the ones we received before?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Nope, and some people are complaining about it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
How did the last one work? Was it like cultural exchange assignments?
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Glad it is back, I was out of town for the first one.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-27-2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1wars
Nope, and some people are complaining about it.
I'll be "that guy". But constructively.

I was excited to see it announced, but as I went down the list I realized that none of it really applies to me.

I am maxxed at 150K on every single category, have been for months; I already got the Exocomp; I have a hard time keeping under the max 400 DOff's and have like 225 purples - I don't need to open any packs to get yet more DOffs I'm just gonna turn in.

So, no biggie, just nothing as a DOff junkie to really benefit from. Glad others have the chance to catch up - but it would have been nice to see a little something new.

A neat way to do it, maintain some "specialness", yet be fair - is if they are doing these a few times a year, add a new Purple Unique DOff each time. HOWEVER, everyone only gets to collect one per event- and you must collect them in order.

So, if it's your first event you attend, you get the Exocomp. If it's your second, you get another unique purple (I really want an Android like Data!). For the third time, they'll add another. So you still only get one purple, but are collecting a series. That helps keep the one new one as kind of "status" - but that you can get it as well once you have attended enough events.

That sounds like a nice way to involve everyone, and keep people looking forward to the next one.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnagroJaneway
A neat way to do it, maintain some "specialness", yet be fair - is if they are doing these a few times a year, add a new Purple Unique DOff each time. HOWEVER, everyone only gets to collect one per event- and you must collect them in order.

So, if it's your first event you attend, you get the Exocomp. If it's your second, you get another unique purple (I really want an Android like Data!). For the third time, they'll add another. So you still only get one purple, but are collecting a series. That helps keep the one new one as kind of "status" - but that you can get it as well once you have attended enough events.

That sounds like a nice way to involve everyone, and keep people looking forward to the next one.
I REALLY like that idea (seen it in other MMOs which shall remain nameless). Being in the same boat as you I have to agree. The only things that may benefit are my alts which are a little farther behind in the DOFF scene.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnagroJaneway

That seems very sensible and fair to me, on a similar note where do you get the Exo from when the event starts?
EDIT - Found it
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-27-2012, 04:30 PM
In case anyone else is wondering:

http://startrekonline.com/node/3114