Lt. Commander
# 1 Dilithium and Fleets
04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Are there plans to let fleet members pool their dilithium in the fleet bank?

Or for that matter any other currencies besides EC?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
No... this was the reason why 'Unreplicatable Material' was created. So that Fleet members could pool their Dilithium resources together for the purpose of Fleet 'crafting' services...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Is it a two way transaction?

Is there a link I should know about?!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pococurante
Is it a two way transaction?

Is there a link I should know about?!
http://www.stowiki.org/Crafting#Unre...able_Materials

these items are not Bound, and can be Emailed. or posted on the Exchange... (However, they cannot be converted back into Dilithium)
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Nothing at that link talks about sharing dilithium currencies between fleet members that relates to dili. Not trying to be tedious, just not seeing how it helps the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Dilithium is designed at its core to not be tradeable between players at all, it is a time based currency.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion1701 View Post
Dilithium is designed at its core to not be tradeable between players at all, it is a time based currency.
This.

Cryptic does not want to allow you to trade Dil... And for good reason.

If you could trade Dil, Gold farmers would really have a marked in STO.... and we do not want that... It's bad enough with people buying and selling EC.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Sell your unreplicateable materials for EC. Use said EC to buy Contraband. Turn in contraband for dilithium. You have now converted from dilithium to EC and back to dilithium again**.

*And you have probably (but not necessarily) lost some value in the process depending on the current price of both items.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Conversion.jpg

But as for something more related to the topic, I suppose I could see with season 6, a fleet dilithium pool that only works one-way. You put dilithium in, and then that dilithium from the pool can ONLY be spent on items for your fleet starbase, and those items cannot be bought, sold, mailed, or traded. Of course they would probably just have you turn the dilithium into a new currency that only works for starbase parts instead of working out the logistics of a dilithium pool that can't be spent on current dilithium gear.

Really, crafting can get you any of the gear from the dilithium store or similar gear. The only thing you can buy for dilithium right now that requires you to grind it yourself are ships, transwarp coils, or c-points, and technically not c-points if your fleetmates want to try out a conversion process with you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the tip Bob. And yes, this is what I meant:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_BOB_cnc View Post
But as for something more related to the topic, I suppose I could see with season 6, a fleet dilithium pool that only works one-way. You put dilithium in, and then that dilithium from the pool can ONLY be spent on items for your fleet starbase, and those items cannot be bought, sold, mailed, or traded.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2012, 05:41 PM
I should note that at the current exchange prices for Uncommon Unreplicateable Materials and Contraband you're going to lose about 1000 dilithium per transaction because you'll need to sell three materials (cost: 3000 dilithium) to get 3 contraband (reward: 2000 dilithium).