Lt. Commander
Okay, very calm here. I appreciate that PW/Cryptic did the right thing when they realized their system had been compromised.

But my problem is that the email I used back in 2009 to register on the forums is no longer available to me. Stupd fly-by-night email server...

The problem of course is that account I used to by my lifetime membership, and frankly way too many cryptic points. There is absolutely no way I'm going to start playing again from scratch.

Given that I used my credit card for those purchases I am sure I can validate my proper identity. But how do I do so? Who do I call or email?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2012, 08:27 PM
I suspect a problem is going to be that now that it is F2P, I can only make a PerfectWorld account to post here, but of course my lifetime account is a Cryptic account.

Really - any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2012, 08:36 PM
A friend of mine is also having this problem. The community manager said to send an email to:

customerservice@perfectworld.com

for assistance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks. I'll try that. I also managed to file a PW account ticket - we'll see if either give me a result.

Again, I'm not criticizing PW / Cryptic for protecting our accounts. It's the right thing to do. But my situation isn't all that unusual, and given the financial support I've given to STO over the years I sure hope they can find a way to help me out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2012, 08:53 PM
I have the same issue. Had to reset password and it gave me a new username based on my current e-mail, and of course POOF every thing is gone because its a new account.

I'll try the mailing customer service.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2012, 02:54 PM
i'm in the same boat i no longer have access to an email i had setup two years ago, so doing a password reset does no good since it would get sent to an email account that doesnt exist anymore... very frustrating. i too sent a ticket in looks like we'll be waiting the 3-4 days for a response, fingers crossed i can actually get my main account backup because i refuse to start over from scratch not to mention my perks and cryptic points im losing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Received a response the following day. They wanted to call me - but could only call US-based numbers. So they asked for some informatin via email.

Hopefully it all gets sorted out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Nice, I still haven't recieved anything except the automated response. Hopefully i'll hear somthing soon, it's only been two days.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 09:38 PM
yukonjoe was by temporary account to post here. I am yukonjoe.

PWE came through for me and gave me access to my old account. They couldn't phone me, but instead I gave al the required information via email.

Because emails seemed to take 24hours for a response it took a couple days to fix everything, but really I am just happy everything worked out in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2012, 03:40 AM
I did the same as yukonjoe and am part of the way through the process but they do seem to be pretty quick in getting back to me so far.

The quickest way seems to be to create a separate perfect world account then get in contact with them by filing a support ticket to them.

I was a bit worried at first I'd lose my life time account but it does seem to be getting sorted.