Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
So I hit VA and bought the LR Science Wessel Retrofit sight unseen - then started looking at the differences and thought "WTF?"

Why would you choose the retrofit LRSV over the DSSV? DSSV has more hull, more crew, same weapons and console slots, and has 2x Eng BO's and 2x Science vs 1x Eng and 3x Science.

Shouldn't their rank requirements be reversed? (DSSV should require VA and LRSV retro should require RALH.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevok View Post
So I hit VA and bought the LR Science Wessel Retrofit sight unseen - then started looking at the differences and thought "WTF?"

Why would you choose the retrofit LRSV over the DSSV? DSSV has more hull, more crew, same weapons and console slots, and has 2x Eng BO's and 2x Science vs 1x Eng and 3x Science.

Shouldn't their rank requirements be reversed? (DSSV should require VA and LRSV retro should require RALH.)
No, because the most effiiciant build u can get on a science vessel is only possible on the LRSV-R, find my thread and you will understand why.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
No, because the most effiiciant build u can get on a science vessel is only possible on the LRSV-R, find my thread and you will understand why.
^Matter of opinion
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-29-2012, 05:17 AM
The DSSV turns like a pregnant yak...requiring you to broadside and with the number of Sci Boff abilities that run off of your deflector and thus requiring the target to be in your forward firing arc, broadsiding is not an optimal combat tactic for any Sci ship.

I run a Bellerophon retrofit using a modified version of Cygone's build and I chew through opponents like a woodchipper. Trust him.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-29-2012, 05:29 AM
it is really a missed opportunity by cryptic that none of the ships or even pets available in the c-store are a 'Nuclear Wessel'
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
^Matter of opinion
Yeah.

I should have specified - I solo 99.99999% of the time and need the control and such that science abilities provide. And the survival stuff that engineering ones give.

Therefore, the DSSV is definitely better than the LRSV-R for how I play.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:

are you talking the FIRST refit with the ablative armor or the bellophoron with whatever console it has?

personally i like the boff layout on the Recce
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Yeah.

I should have specified - I solo 99.99999% of the time and need the control and such that science abilities provide. And the survival stuff that engineering ones give.

Therefore, the DSSV is definitely better than the LRSV-R for how I play.
Yea, I flew a DSSV for over two years with my Engineer... I never once felt subpar to the LRSV-R...