Lt. Commander
Hey guys, I wanted some help. I recently respeced my skills ranking up Starship Engine performance to 6 in order to get EWP III. The officer I am using for engineering Boff is a purple officer (the borg from c-store) and is commander rank on my skills, yet I still can't access Eject Warp Plasma III. What am I missing here?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theazurehawke
Hey guys, I wanted some help. I recently respeced my skills ranking up Starship Engine performance to 6 in order to get EWP III. The officer I am using for engineering Boff is a purple officer (the borg from c-store) and is commander rank on my skills, yet I still can't access Eject Warp Plasma III. What am I missing here?
It will only appear if you are an Engineering Captain. If you look at the Spec box it says which career you must be to train any of the skills.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_mc_1 View Post
It will only appear if you are an Engineering Captain. If you look at the Spec box it says which career you must be to train any of the skills.
I am an engineering Captain. But my ship is a Odyssey Science cruiser. Could that be it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-29-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theazurehawke
I am an engineering Captain. But my ship is a Odyssey Science cruiser. Could that be it?
Your ship has nothing to do with what you can train your boffs for.....

It's a simple process.....

1) Train Starship Engine Performance to 6
2) Go to your character UI
3) Select "Train Officer"
4) Select "Eject Warp Plasma III" from the list
5) Select the Boff you want to train

If you still can't train it.. then you did something wrong on your end..
If you followed all the steps and still can't train... then you're either not an Engineer or bugged.. send a ticket
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-29-2012, 08:21 AM
well... it might still be the ship, are you using the engineer boff in the 'universal' slot, or is it in the eng comm slott in your stations layout...

i doubt this is the problem, but have to ask...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-29-2012, 08:39 AM
The other thing to check is that when you have the train officer list up that the filter in the lower left corner of the window has Engineer space abilities checked.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_mc_1 View Post
The other thing to check is that when you have the train officer list up that the filter in the lower left corner of the window has Engineer space abilities checked.
Yea the problem is sorted now. I didn't see the train officer button in the main character screen. I've been playing for 3 weeks, and I only just realised it was there. Astounding. Thanks for the help folks!