Lt. Commander
# 1831
04-23-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm not absolutely sure about this, but in my experience just 2 tribbles eat (and breed) per hour. So to build your carcass grinder, you need 2 normal tribbles, a stack of food and 1 cannibal in that order. This worked for me. So one of the normal tribbles will reproduce and one of the three will be eaten by the cannibal. Theoretically this would work with just 1 normal tribble too, but if the cannibal eats first, the chain is stopped.
Lt. Commander
# 1832
04-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I'm not absolutely sure about this, but in my experience just 2 tribbles eat (and breed) per hour. So to build your carcass grinder, you need 2 normal tribbles, a stack of food and 1 cannibal in that order. This worked for me. So one of the normal tribbles will reproduce and one of the three will be eaten by the cannibal. Theoretically this would work with just 1 normal tribble too, but if the cannibal eats first, the chain is stopped.

That's what I'm wondering. Because with two tribbles you'll soon have a Tribble infested bank.

Now I carried out a test.
I put 4 Random cheap Tribbles from the exchange in the Bank, along with 4 MRE's and 4 Cannibals. They did seem to fire in the order I suggested above.

HOWEVER: Some thing weird has happened.
I had the correct number of carcasses, yet I had % Normal Tribbles and 3 MRE's left after the breeding cycle.
Lt. Commander
# 1833
04-28-2012, 06:53 AM
I dont know if its been mentioned, I didnt see it listed in the tribble breed chart but apparently I have a new breed of tribble that others I have asked never seen or heard of. Its called the Gamma quadrant tribble. Apparently it requires 5 to 6 ketracel white before one will breed. Maybe its already known and the people I asked werent into tribble breeding but I thought it was interesting. I didnt think the tribbles would do ketracel and breed considering it has a health reduction to humans and other species other than Jem's that consume it.
Lt. Commander
# 1834
04-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
I dont know if its been mentioned, I didnt see it listed in the tribble breed chart but apparently I have a new breed of tribble that others I have asked never seen or heard of. Its called the Gamma quadrant tribble. Apparently it requires 5 to 6 ketracel white before one will breed. Maybe its already known and the people I asked werent into tribble breeding but I thought it was interesting. I didnt think the tribbles would do ketracel and breed considering it has a health reduction to humans and other species other than Jem's that consume it.
Breeding the 'Gamma Quadrant' Tribble is more consistent if you use a higher quality Tribble. I used a 'Purple' quality Tribble (I believe it was a 'Crossfire') with 1 Refined Ketracel White and produced one on the first try...

'Gamma Quadrant' Tribbles are 'Bind on Pickup' and cannot be sold or transferred...
Lt. Commander
# 1835
04-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Breeding the 'Gamma Quadrant' Tribble is more consistent if you use a higher quality Tribble. I used a 'Purple' quality Tribble (I believe it was a 'Crossfire') with 1 Refined Ketracel White and produced one on the first try...

'Gamma Quadrant' Tribbles are 'Bind on Pickup' and cannot be sold or transferred...
The one I bred by total accident took 5 - 6 Ketracel White cause I had it was either 6 or 7 stacked Ketracel White I placed in the bank and one of the Tribbles got it, I have a few white common tribbles but I have been breeding for the purple quality. Just wished I didnt have to buy another row of bank spaces. I have alot of ship weapons I could get rid of but most of them are bound MK X and higher and I just dont think my antiproton borg phaser banks and dual beam arrays are cutting it on dishing the damage out.
Lt. Commander
# 1836
04-29-2012, 02:19 AM
Any tribble + 1 Ketracell white --> Gamma Quadrant Tribble (but just 1 per char, as it is unique)
Lt. Commander
# 1837
04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Any tribble + 1 Ketracell white --> Gamma Quadrant Tribble (but just 1 per char, as it is unique)
I understand that. I am just saying mine apparently took more than one. I had it was either 6 or 7 Ketracel White, and I logged in the next day and I just had 1 left and had an additional tribble, a Gamma Quadrant tribble. I dont know what happened all I know is I was missing between 5 and 6 Ketracel White which I was trying to stock pile to sell on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 1838
04-30-2012, 02:36 AM
As the Gamma Quadrant Tribble is unique, you won't get more than one. It's possible that the tribbles continued to eat your Ketracel White, but obviously you won't get another Gamma Quadrant Tribble. It's strange that you didn't at least get 5 or 6 white tribbles though.
Lt. Commander
# 1839
04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
As the Gamma Quadrant Tribble is unique, you won't get more than one. It's possible that the tribbles continued to eat your Ketracel White, but obviously you won't get another Gamma Quadrant Tribble. It's strange that you didn't at least get 5 or 6 white tribbles though.
Thats what has me thinking wait a min. If it takes just one Ketracel White, what happened to the rest of my little stock pile I just started. Its no real big deal to me though, I dont use the stuff and I dont think there is a use. I make enough EC selling the rare and very rare tribbles along with selling the Mk X and higher rare and very rare tech.
Lt. Commander
# 1840
05-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
Thats what has me thinking wait a min. If it takes just one Ketracel White, what happened to the rest of my little stock pile I just started. Its no real big deal to me though, I dont use the stuff and I dont think there is a use. I make enough EC selling the rare and very rare tribbles along with selling the Mk X and higher rare and very rare tech.
Ketrecel White can be used as a consumable for the Jem'Hadar BOffs