Lt. Commander
# 151
04-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieJohn View Post
Been playing these pretty regularly, almost done at this point 2 left before I send in my vote.
I just wanted to take a second to seriously compliment Woghd on Grazorak City. This is a truly amazing, superior piece of work. I look forward to actually having the time to finish it, and giving it a 5 star rating.
I'm giving you the compliment here, because in the contest there is no way I can vote for Grazorak City. To my understanding, the missions are supposed to be something to be finished in something like 30 to 45 minutes. I just spent an hour and 5 minutes running around Grazorak City , LOVING every second of it, and had to log off because what I expected to be no more than just under an hour turned out to be a superb, intelligent, rich, freaking awesome mission, that there is no way I could possibly finish in 30 to 45 minutes. Like I say an hour and 5min in, and I was still ... I don't believe even close to done.

BRAVO. Seriously. This is the most incredible foundry mission I have come across.
thank you for making it for us.
WOW!! Thank you very very much!
If it took you longer than 45mins, then that's just how it was. No worries! I took that risk when I entered it into the contest, it's just one of those open ended missions with LOTS of optional dialogue. I can run through the entire thing in less than five minutes, but I can also see where a person could spend two or three hours if they try to do everything that is do-able. That's just the risk I took with entry, I tried to think of what the average player would do.

I am glad that you enjoyed it. Thank you for the rating!
I will try to make more like these, but "Grazorak City" took me three months to build...so it will be a while.

I'm working on two scenarios simultaneously right at the moment, and they are both in the early stages.
Thank again !!

Lt. Commander
# 152
05-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woghd
WOW!! Thank you very very much!
If it took you longer than 45mins, then that's just how it was. No worries! I took that risk when I entered it into the contest, it's just one of those open ended missions with LOTS of optional dialogue. I can run through the entire thing in less than five minutes, but I can also see where a person could spend two or three hours if they try to do everything that is do-able. That's just the risk I took with entry, I tried to think of what the average player would do.

I am glad that you enjoyed it. Thank you for the rating!
I will try to make more like these, but "Grazorak City" took me three months to build...so it will be a while.

I'm working on two scenarios simultaneously right at the moment, and they are both in the early stages.
Thank again !!

Hi woghd,

unfortunately I am a little stuck in your mission. I am close to the end where I have to deactivate the forcefield. I used all 4 consoles and nothing happens at the main engineering room. There is nothing I can activate.

Maybe it's my fault because I didn't set the first console in the right order (instead of 3 times green I put green, orange, white). Now there's no way to change the setting again because the "interact" button is gone.

Any idea? I would like to finish your mission

The mission itself is very interesting. I really like rp missions. The sidequests are cool (like the one with Marla 7). And it's always nice if someone references TOS episodes.
Your city feels like a own little world with real characters who feel alive due to their background story. The design was well done.
But I think in the main storyline I missed some parts. Why where the clones sick? Where was the temporal loop? I spoke to nearly all npcs even this strange aliens in their quarters but didn't find any clues about this two things...

I am sorry but as someone stated before: I play this mission now 1 and a half hours so I can not include it into the Challenge vote too.

EDIT: I relogged and reloaded the map. I could "interact" with the consoles again. This time I used the right code so the "interact" button appeared in the engineering. Problem solved ^^
Lt. Commander
# 153
05-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahariKajal View Post
Hi woghd,

unfortunately I am a little stuck in your mission. I am close to the end where I have to deactivate the forcefield. I used all 4 consoles and nothing happens at the main engineering room. There is nothing I can activate.

Maybe it's my fault because I didn't set the first console in the right order (instead of 3 times green I put green, orange, white). Now there's no way to change the setting again because the "interact" button is gone.

Any idea? I would like to finish your mission

The mission itself is very interesting. I really like rp missions. The sidequests are cool (like the one with Marla 7). And it's always nice if someone references TOS episodes.
Your city feels like a own little world with real characters who feel alive due to their background story. The design was well done.
But I think in the main storyline I missed some parts. Why where the clones sick? Where was the temporal loop? I spoke to nearly all npcs even this strange aliens in their quarters but didn't find any clues about this two things...

I am sorry but as someone stated before: I play this mission now 1 and a half hours so I can not include it into the Challenge vote too.

EDIT: I relogged and reloaded the map. I could "interact" with the consoles again. This time I used the right code so the "interact" button appeared in the engineering. Problem solved ^^

Wow, thank you very much! I hate those wierd foundry bugs! Sometimes I wonder if the problem is that perhaps the mission is TOO big and the engine gets confused? Anywho, thank you for the feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed it!
Lt. Commander
# 154
05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahariKajal View Post
I'm curious where the temporal loop is, too.
Lt. Commander
# 155
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Hey, can you do a mission by mission breakdown? Perhaps the playthroughs would match the final result.
I'll do that close to the end, last or second last day.

I think a lot of people would agree though that if we had just released these missions alone (outside of a Foundry Challenge), they wouldn't be getting the numbers were seeing.

For most story-driven missions, it's like pulling teeth to get people to try your mission out.
Lt. Commander
# 156
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCouto View Post
I'll do that close to the end, last or second last day.

I think a lot of people would agree though that if we had just released these missions alone (outside of a Foundry Challenge), they wouldn't be getting the numbers were seeing.

For most story-driven missions, it's like pulling teeth to get people to try your ission out.
Well, I just checked and I have 100 reviews so far. Take that as you will.
Lt. Commander
# 157
05-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
I'm curious where the temporal loop is, too.
I do not understand how people are missing the time loop theme. The entire mission is based on a time loop. You must have missed the whole part where the villain sends you back 5 days in time, and explains that you have been repeating the mission over and over. It is the time loop that explains how certain characters seem to know you, etc. etc.

I am wondering if some foundry bug is not displaying the final dialogues, or if people are simply not reading them. The last three dialogues, including the final objective dialog, lay out the time loop very neatly, in fact the character that you are speaking to chides you about coming from a divergent timeline, so I don't understand what is going on.

I don't want to spoil more than i already have, so please feel free to email me.
Be well.
Lt. Commander
# 158
05-02-2012, 03:44 AM
Something odd, I notice most of the contestants' missions have broke 100 reviews, meanwhile mine has only received 54.

Is my mission less visible for some reason?
Lt. Commander
# 159
05-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingie
Something odd, I notice most of the contestants' missions have broke 100 reviews, meanwhile mine has only received 54.

Is my mission less visible for some reason?
As I mentioned on page 13: in the forum your mission name is Sisyphean Ordeal http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...12&postcount=5 but in game it is Sisyphian Ordeal.

When I tried to play it I used the missions forum name. No result. Then I searched it by using your authors name. There it was.
Lt. Commander
# 160
05-02-2012, 07:17 AM
As of this morning (my time), these are the playthru's for each mission.

Death Clock -107
A Good Ship... -125
Sender -32
Sis... Ordeal -54
The Mission that..-54
Chroniton Effect -46
Boqrat Day -15 (KDF)
Grazorak City -47
A Splint in Time -42
Reddo Undone -53 (KDF)

Gingie, your actually in the average area.
I was dead last in the last challenge with only 7 total views, but it was a KDF mission too which is usually very hard to get playthru's.

Not sure why mine and Commadore_Bob's is higher. We both did have teasers snapshots/trailers before the challenge came out. Could have created word of mouth to have people try it out.

Or they could simply be people playing the mission outside of the Challenge. You would think all would be similar if people were in fact playing every mission.

It shouldn't be a rating issue because most are fairly close. Here's the list- again from this morning.

Death Clock -3.90
A Good Ship... -4.09
Sender -1.75
Sis... Ordeal -3.85
The Mission that..-3.65
Chroniton Effect -3.41
Boqrat Day -3.67 (KDF)
Grazorak City -3.66
A Splint in Time -3.76
Reddo Undone -4.11(KDF)