Lt. Commander
# 11
04-13-2012, 04:47 PM
3 minutes and 11 seconds, actually. I was in it, so I think I would know, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-13-2012, 05:05 PM
I've been playing this game since beta, and I have only dared enter a Crystalline Entity encounter twice.

I'm not a member of a fleet, and while I've just reached level 50 for the first time, I still haven't touched any Cardassian or Mirror Universe content., nor done much of any of the missions in the Pi Canis block. I am a casual player, and the pick-up group is usually the right group for me... usually with 4 people I've never played with before.

While I think that all content should be playable and reasonably achievable without a fleet, I do think that that capability should probably only exist on the "normal" difficulty setting. The things that require actual coordination between players probably should kick in at the more advanced levels.. use the normal setting for training new players, fleets could visit these games and watch people play it, seeing who has the "right stuff", etc. Obviously you could tie the rewards table into that, so that to get the really good loot, you'd have to play on a higher difficulty setting.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-19-2012, 11:03 AM
i totally agree. I have been playing since it was still P2P and i never, ever managed to kill it. Ever. As i don't have a fleet i have to rely on public groups and those are everything op said. I never saw an entity go lower than 30%, then someone screws up and BAM, 50. it goes on forever
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
last 3 runs got it to 3#% then the miracle 100% heal happens people rage quit and i seldom see them anywhere again its that b to disagree with the excellent STO academy walk-through or Youtube advice before things advice. to be given a mechanic that's changed.. enough on the behaviour of the small fragments... so many spawn that you cant blow enough up...

the heals seam to be over 1% per small to the CE now.. but as they smash into your ship or chase you off
running a detailed combat log is impossible.

old advice was don't use mines or spread... the CE fragments have a target lock wipe Aggro effect on PC ships .. the ai ships seam less spoiling.. as they would warp in an break every rule spoiling missions..

there should be some sort of weakening mechanic for this.. I say The destroyed planet should have like a
Capture and Hold - Forcing the CE to come and play in tighter quarters.. favouring fast action ships
as a help ..

I usually see this Fleet action w 2-3 groups of 5 ships ..10 ships seam to fail after this CE gets to
Pezing sm frags faster whilst the larger frags kamikaze everything in site.
Lt. Commander
# 15 agree
04-21-2012, 02:14 PM
This mission totally sucks...been playing this game for 2 years and still havent completed this mission...last time I attempted this mission was playing for 5 hours and still not getting anywhere...got it down to 28% but then you get the idiots start healing the entity again...just got tired of it...wish we can just totally drop this mission...The Big Dig is the same...in fact I completed The Big Dig the first month playing this game, and I got the accolades for it after completing it but it still shows [i]never completed the mission...I sent 2 reports to tech support and never has been resolved...still got the ticket active...very poor responses from the company.]
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-30-2012, 06:16 PM
I tried it several times and as a general rule,I and all of the teams that tried it with me failed miserably. I can only really remember one time that we got it below 75%.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-01-2012, 03:50 AM
It's a colossal waste of server space and should be replaced with something, anything, else as soon as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-01-2012, 04:22 AM
Anything I've ever said about this event in zone or fleet chat is propagandist hatred! Cryptic and Perfect World do nothing but breed stupidity by continuing to run this event. I wish I could sit there and torpedo ships out of the sky as they warp in to attempt this event. Beam onto their bridge and punch the helmsman.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-01-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec1013
Anything I've ever said about this event in zone or fleet chat is propagandist hatred! Cryptic and Perfect World do nothing but breed stupidity by continuing to run this event. I wish I could sit there and torpedo ships out of the sky as they warp in to attempt this event. Beam onto their bridge and punch the helmsman.
Hack their prefix code and set their autodestruct for them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-01-2012, 04:45 AM
When I first started playing and the first time this event came up I was REALLY excited. How more perfect could it get than having one of the more different and destructive non-humanoid entities from ST.

Pretty, Shiny, Terrorizing, what more of a unique diversity of qualities could you possibly ask for....oh yeah that you could actually possibly kill the thing.

After about 5 minutes I realized how much of a nightmare this event was, and 3 (yes 3) hours later I finally left after realizing the other people that stayed where just farming. All the guides, walk-throughs and preparation is meaningless unless you're in a very organized group or a fleet.

Out of all the whining that goes on in the forums about something being unbalanced and over powered this is by far the number 1 on that list, or at least it should be. There is a huge difference between something being achievable with a lot of determination and something so difficult that it's not even worth trying.

This really needs a redo and it's about time that that happens. The special events are getting really boring, you can only do Defera or Mirror so many times and a redo / release of this event would be a great way and relatively easy way to give us something old but new that wouldn't require a lot of attention.