Lt. Commander
# 41
04-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresula
I've done about 100+ stfs.

Didn't get ANY prototype gear till they increased the droprate.

When I got my first piece I got two armor pieces and one weapon. Two of them in the first day. After I got my 2nd armor piece I just decided to do nothing but pure IGE runs to get my last piece. Then 25+ runs later I get nothing.

I swear it's built into the game. Where they give you the first two pieces at a high droprate and then the game scans your acolades till you're one piece away. Then they just drop the % all the way down to .000001% to get you hooked. At first I honestly didn't even care about completing this set but when the first two dropped so easily I figured why the heck not?

Now that last piece doesn't want to drop and it's making me want to quit.
I know exactly where you are. I was trying so hard to get my IGE proto type tech to drop worked for it for a little over a month and did nothing but IGE over one weekend I completed 21 runs. Last Friday I finally got it to drop for me and then 4 runs later it dropped for me again.

The drop rate almost had me RAGE quit STO. I was thinking about outfitting all my toons in this new gear, but if its going to take 2-3 months to outfit one toon, it will take 16-24 months to outfit all my toons. Ah no thanks, I'll wait for them to put gear on the CStore first.
Lt. Commander
# 42 Whats the problem?
05-01-2012, 08:02 AM
You know, just to troll a bit...

Save for a single KASE half an eternity ago I avoided Space Elites until last week (with all the horror stories I kept reading I thought I better stay away of em with my Assault Cruiser). Since then I completed around, um, 6 to 8 of all three flavours together.

Got two Proto Drops out of it. Think I have my MACO set complete by weekend...

(A little too ironic... I really do think)
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-01-2012, 08:12 AM
You're not supposed to grind XII. It's an inadvertent reward of 'just playing'. Will you kill me if I say I have both the Omega and MACO XII PSG? I've never tried to grind either.
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-03-2012, 02:11 AM
Yesterday I played ISE. We got optionnals. It was successful.
What we got in the basket? Craps and rubbish. What we got as loot. Crap and data encrypted chip.
I noticed I'm still getting green console mark X. Happiness I get mystery box for the exchange and to buy the right console. I'm still thinking the game is really unfair .
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-03-2012, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
Yesterday I played ISE. We got optionnals. It was successful.
What we got in the basket? Craps and rubbish. What we got as loot. Crap and data encrypted chip.
I noticed I'm still getting green console mark X. Happiness I get mystery box for the exchange and to buy the right console. I'm still thinking the game is really unfair .
Meh - I'm happy with mkXI gear. There isn't such a huge difference between XI and XII that it's a game-breaker.
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-05-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminJMaxwell
Got two Proto Drops out of it. Think I have my MACO set complete by weekend...
Yop. Just got my shield drop. A complete Mk XII space set collected in nine days.
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJayMor View Post
I know exactly where you are. I was trying so hard to get my IGE proto type tech to drop worked for it for a little over a month and did nothing but IGE over one weekend I completed 21 runs. Last Friday I finally got it to drop for me and then 4 runs later it dropped for me again.

The drop rate almost had me RAGE quit STO. I was thinking about outfitting all my toons in this new gear, but if its going to take 2-3 months to outfit one toon, it will take 16-24 months to outfit all my toons. Ah no thanks, I'll wait for them to put gear on the CStore first.
Its pretty depressing that I made the post you're responding to a week ago.

AND STILL NOTHING HAS CHANGED

I've done everything there is to do in that map. Got the optional, set (personal) speed run records for it, beat it with only 4 people, beat it with only 3 people. Found the fastest possible path for jumping around on the platforms fewest amount of jumps. I know the exact pixel of where each script and event is triggered. WHAT MORE IS THERE TO DO!

Why do I not have the one item I need from this dump? The guy who said "You're not supposed to grind it, it's only a reward for 'just playing'! " is full of it. Nobody should ever need to play this map as much as I have. There's no possible reason to other than to get a drop that never wants to drop like a carrot on a stick.

It would be one thing if it was only there to reward the extremely lucky. But they've tied it into an accolade of skill where if you complete all the optionals you get an alternate look to the outfit. Even if I had bothered to complete them all I'd have NOTHING to show for it unless I won the PSG lottery.

This the kind of garbage that drives people to quit games they'd have otherwise kept playing. This terrible loot system is poor game design and it really doesn't surprise me that there's endless amounts of complaints about it here.
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-07-2012, 12:18 AM
By the way. I noticed a new f***** rule from that such Gozer.
If you failed optionnals. You will get crap and rubbish. Eventhought it's STF elite.
I ran 10 TISE. 3 we got optionnal. 3 we got nice loot. I don't mean element to get MACO set. I just mean element to get gear MkXII. 7 TISE we failed optionnals. We got data encrypted chip, crap and rubbish.
This such gozer makes the game unfair. I believe it. This rubbish is thinking we are able to play one thousand STF with the same motivation and getting rubbish. If we failed optinnals. We get crap and rubbish always. That's not game. It's a punishment. I'm not playing SM game. I'm not playing to give to myself frustration! I'm not paying for this kind of things.
They should put maco XII on c-store. It becomes boring to play STF for crap and rubbish.
To be honest I'm losing any interest in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Quote:
By the way. I noticed a new f***** rule from that such Gozer.
If you failed optionnals. You will get crap and rubbish. Eventhought it's STF elite.
I ran 10 TISE. 3 we got optionnal. 3 we got nice loot. I don't mean element to get MACO set. I just mean element to get gear MkXII. 7 TISE we failed optionnals. We got data encrypted chip, crap and rubbish.
This such gozer makes the game unfair. I believe it. This rubbish is thinking we are able to play one thousand STF with the same motivation and getting rubbish. If we failed optinnals. We get crap and rubbish always. That's not game. It's a punishment. I'm not playing SM game. I'm not playing to give to myself frustration! I'm not paying for this kind of things.
They should put maco XII on c-store. It becomes boring to play STF for crap and rubbish.
To be honest I'm losing any interest in this game.
i think you missunderstood gozer: waht he said was, that losing the optional will not interfear with your personal drop. That will stay the same.
i had many rare and prototype tech drops in my lootbox after failing the optional.
But i agree, it becomes boring after a few runs only getting rubbish.

As many other suggested already: the XII skin should be bound to a certain accolade. reaching all bonus objectives on elite, or do 150 runs on each stf.

Just wanted to get the facts straight, otherwise some other people could start to believe if the optional failed the stf is not worth finishing, which is absolutely not true, because your loot at the end can still contain tech drops. The Obtional loot will never contain tech drops.
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Heh I get not so great pug groups all the time and over the past 7 days I've gotten zero protos on ground but I have gotten around 5 or so in space. I even know one guy on my friends list he has recieved over 30 proto's in same amount of time and they were all space shield techs. He knows when he goes there that he's getting proto space shield lol and always on same character...

I just think when you make a toon some will have better luck than others... I've got one i've done the most stf's on has never even got a proto at all of either space or ground... and since this started in december I've gotten 1 proto on ground on a toon ive taken make 10 times to stfs... A lot of it has to do with your average roll never resets so a character that has less stf time is going to have a higher chance its more like they programmed the data table with repose type formula which based on the region the tech is from I highly doubt I am wrong.