Lt. Commander
# 1 "Character creation failed"
04-18-2012, 12:07 PM
So I'm new to this and I only decided to start playing today. So I downloaded and tried making a character, only to get a notification saying "character creation failed". This continued two more times (to my irritation, since I figured it wouldn't happen again and spent a lot of time fully customizing my character, you'd think I'd learn by then), and then I thought, Hm, maybe I used an unavailable name. Still got the error. Please note I did look around support and I couldn't find anything to solve my problem.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in the character creation screen, or is there a technical problem I'm unaware of?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Not sure what you are doing but maybe

1. you are trying to create a klingon character ,you have to play a federation to level 25 before they become available
2. using a race or costurme item that is only available from the c-store purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Neither, actually. But it did end up eventually working, I'm not sure what fixed it. I'm guessing I simply had to wait it out for some reason.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2012, 01:59 PM
I have the same issue, no matter what one does it always comes up with fail.
There is no other game on this market having these kinds of issues,
Im a veteran gamer and there is sure no problem with either my connection or computer,
its a very big let down, considering not to play and just move on.
Lt. Commander
# 5 character creation
04-27-2012, 12:10 PM
i have been trying for a few days since geting my lifetime membership to creat a borg officer and it keeps failing and i don't know why becuse i don't use any thing i haven't unloked from c stor?
Lt. Commander
# 6 Wtf
04-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Been trying for DAYS to create a liberated borg character, every time 'character creation failed'!! I'm getting seriously ****ed off, I've tried creating the character I want, saving it and loading it next time. I've tried not changing a thing about the character and going right into the game. I've tried force verifying before startup, NOTHING WORKS!!! Can we please get a solution to this?!?!?!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-30-2012, 04:33 PM
For over a month I haven't been able to create a Liberated Borg, others work. I recieved a "Your issue will be corrected in an upcoming patch" messege, but no change.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-01-2012, 11:40 PM
The patch notes for the Tribble test server say that a fix for the liberated borg issue is going in tonight I think, so it should be ready for the live Holodeck server within a few days.