Lt. Commander
# 91
11-16-2011, 05:31 PM
"City of the Polmar Ree" has some kick *** map construction and really deserves some inclusion in this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 92
05-01-2012, 11:51 PM
My all time favorite Foundry Mission so far has got to be "The Spirits of Ramok Nor".
I'm into Star Trek for the emotion. The emotion of people who put their lives on the line for planets they've never set foot on, for people they've never met. This grand future of the Federation where humanity is a wondrous force (most of the time).
So anything that explores those feelings, those emotions, deep character plots, is wonderful for me. The whole reason DS9 is one of my favorite of the series is because it had some very moving, very emotional episodes that got you thinking about the thoughts of another person, their hopes and dreams, the reasons they did what they did. No one in that show was ever totally bad, not even Gul Dukat, and it was great to see the show explain to you why.

Spirits of Ramok Nor is as good as some of DS9's best episodes, and it feels like one of them too. It explores the occupation and the wellspring of emotion and feeling behind it, and it does so in a fashion very reminiscent of the best writing of Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 93
05-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Since this thread has been re-ignited, I'll give the politically-correct answer that there are MANY Foundry missions which count as my favorite.

One mission which gets overlooked, imho, is "Evangeline" by Etherghost.

I LOVE this mission!

I didn't play "Evangeline" until after I crafted my first Foundry mission. Interestingly, our styles are somewhat similar. Story-driven, dialog-infused Trek goodness about characters, their situations, overcoming difficulty and adversity in a scenario where NO other friendly starships are going to warp in and help save you.

The mission design is stellar.

More information: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/ugc...on/evangeline/

Like most Foundry authors, I'd like to think my missions will eventually get more gameplay and better recognition. I hope missions, like "Evangeline", are enjoyed for a long, long time, too.

Tucana
Lt. Commander
# 94
06-11-2012, 11:47 PM
+1 In fact I think this was one of my first Foundry experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
Since this thread has been re-ignited, I'll give the politically-correct answer that there are MANY Foundry missions which count as my favorite.

One mission which gets overlooked, imho, is "Evangeline" by Etherghost.

I LOVE this mission!

I didn't play "Evangeline" until after I crafted my first Foundry mission. Interestingly, our styles are somewhat similar. Story-driven, dialog-infused Trek goodness about characters, their situations, overcoming difficulty and adversity in a scenario where NO other friendly starships are going to warp in and help save you.

The mission design is stellar.

More information: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/ugc...on/evangeline/

Like most Foundry authors, I'd like to think my missions will eventually get more gameplay and better recognition. I hope missions, like "Evangeline", are enjoyed for a long, long time, too.

Tucana
Starfleet Veteran
# 95
10-16-2012, 04:23 PM
I am super surprised that this hasn't been updated in forever. Come on people, what are some of your favorites??
Survivor of Romulus
# 96
12-18-2012, 04:17 PM
My personal favorites are Finding Resolution and Avenging Resolution from ajstoner and War and Q from RogueEnterprise.
Captain
# 97
12-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Gonna add on to this for great justice.

Going Viral by Pi-3Orionis for the K.D.F.

This is a really fun and solid mission with great feel to it's flow and dialog. Should get a lot more plays and probably better than third in the contest it was involved in. But, that's just my opinion.
Career Officer
# 98
01-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Heck I'll post mine - they need some love too

They are my two part episode, "Treasure of Argelius II"

It /they are intended as a sequel to the official Cryptic (Klingon front) mission, "Treasure Trading Station".
My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371
Captain
# 99
01-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Spirits of Ramok Nor is as good as some of DS9's best episodes, and it feels like one of them too. It explores the occupation and the wellspring of emotion and feeling behind it, and it does so in a fashion very reminiscent of the best writing of Star Trek.
I wish we know who said this...

But I have to agree. "The Spirits of Ramok Nor" is probably the best Foundry mission out there.

I have a Cardassian captain that I played the mission with...and I literally almost cried, experiencing his emotions at the whole thing: the grief, shame, and utter helplessness to do more to undo his people's past.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Ensign
# 100 my warning to STO
02-14-2013, 10:14 AM
The ones that used to pay before you screwed us again and again everytime we find something worth doing. You are not making friends cryptic/perfect world. Just enemies and bad reviews.