Carrier is unclaimable now.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Siphon Drones are launching 4 Per hanger
Advanced Siphon Drones are Launching 6 per Hanger
These issues should be updated soon. Just didn't have them in the build we ended up pushing to Tribble this evening.

Thanks for calling them out!
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
UI:
  • Fire All Torpedoes will now only fire torpedoes and will not fire mines.
  • Added bindable commands to fire both torpedoes and mines, fire torpedoes and phasers, and fire just mines.
  • The Standard Away Team selectors will now better reflect the behavior of the options.
  • Tray modes 1 and 2 in space are now 10 slots instead of 8 slots.
    • This makes Zero extremely happy. No, really.
  • There is support for adding a second tray to the UI in space.
    • To enable the new tray, press escape and click "Rearrange", then click the "New" button on the Big Tray.
    • This new tray will be placed in the lower right corner of the screen, but may be moved by rearrange mode.
Nice!

Now we could also use distinct commands forfiring beams and cannons, maybe perhaps? (The standard command of firing all energy weapons should definitely stay, but the distinction can be useful for some builds)
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Resistance to subsystem offline scales as a percentage of your remaining Crew, based on your Subsystem Repair skill.

You must keep your current Ready Crew % high in order to gain full benefit from your "Subsystem Repair" skill.
This is going to be an issue for Odyssey pilots; simply because of the crew issues - it's a 2500 person crew that can lose 20 percent from an attack that doesn't even damage the hull. Crew death/injuries appear to still being calculated as a percentage instead of flat numbers; which nullifies the benefits to having a high crew value.

I mean, it's strange to have my Odyssey with a half dead crew when my hull didn't even dip below 90 percent in the process.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-02-2012, 01:50 AM
very good job indeed with the new carrier/flight deck pets on the klink side... very nice boost indeed...

as for what the fed carrier will have to use... well i must say a fed carrier vs a klink carrier... the klink should win every time as the lack of a frig pet for feds makes there carrier overall damage output meh.

will there be a frig class pet for the fed carrier when the carrier goes live ? if not is there a frig class fed pet coming out any time soon ?

thanks.

Nova
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
This is going to be an issue for Odyssey pilots; simply because of the crew issues - it's a 2500 person crew that can lose 20 percent from an attack that doesn't even damage the hull. Crew death/injuries appear to still being calculated as a percentage instead of flat numbers; which nullifies the benefits to having a high crew value.

I mean, it's strange to have my Odyssey with a half dead crew when my hull didn't even dip below 90 percent in the process.
I hadn't heard about that before. Shaken Crew Syndrome, eh? Me thinks the Odyssey needs another shakedown to work out kinks in the inertial damper system.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-02-2012, 02:15 AM
I think 50 % resists may still be too high. I would consider either this:

1) The skill should directly counter the contribution of the buffing science skill, e.g. apply the reverse effect. If you have +50 in a resist skill, and a +50 in the buffing skill, the net result is that no buff or penalty is applied.
But his may not be technically feasible due the way the modifiers are applied.

2) Stay with the 50 % resists, but increase the magnitude of science skills as well. If we'd boost offensie science BO skills by 50 % across the board, 50 % resists would mean 75 % effectiveness compared to now.

If all of that magnitude buff comes via skills, the cost are also similar. It has the advantage of particularly damaging science powers becoming stronger in PvE, and I think Science BO powers are still a rather ineffective class in PvP.
If the PvE concern is that this makes science too effective, consider adding resist abilities to NPCs. (It would be generally a good idea if some of their hit points would be scaled down in favor of resists.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post

Well, maybe they'll finally get around to fixing the crew mechanic. Though honestly, I'd just ditch the entire mechanic. It affects so few abilities that it seems like a superflous statistic.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-02-2012, 03:38 AM
I don't have time to update the tribble atm, but could someone tell me how expensive are the blue quality hangar bays?
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-02-2012, 03:53 AM
just over 30k dilith each... c-store ship pets blues u will have to buy from the dilth store. ie.. Orion pets ect

Normal drones/pets like the power drones and fighters, shield heals ect u can trade so you could buy them from the exchange
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-02-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Players may no longer queue for STFs if they are in shuttles or other small craft.
That's really good to hear Thank you.