Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
05-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewolf393
the way i am going to run my carrier(which is almost the same as my vo'quv) will be both engineer and sci teams III(no tac team..what's the point?) ESIII and feedback(no polarity sadly since i need that eng slot for dampeners due to no ltcom tac) and of course all the tanky sci/engineer skills.

But the question is the lieutenant tac officer.... what's the point? best 2nd slot buff i can see would be beam fire at will I and attack pattern delta.

I am also rather new, so what would be good consoles to put on the ship? on my vo'quv i just have the sci slots with shield emitter enhancers and such.
You use Tac Team to reface your shields where they are taking the most damage. Since a carrier's turn rate can be timed with a sundial, this is a pretty nice skill to have, especially when tanking. I could see not using it in a support role.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
05-01-2012, 09:30 PM
my kar'fi hasnt got target subsystems but it has 4 front facing weapons loaded with dual cannons/heavy cannons. My vo'qov i run 2 beams 1 front 1 back for target subsystems and rest turrets so that i can hit targets easier. granted i might not be able to do as much dps but i can do constant damage and sap their shields/power faster.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
05-02-2012, 03:06 AM
My info was coming from Spidermitch's chart, I was misreading it apparently.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
05-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Ok, I searched the Klingon Fleetyards a bit harder and found a build thread for Kar'fis. Even tho my Fed sci is only level 10 as of this post, I'm already getting her boff abilities outta the way.
I think I'm gonna run a drain build on this baby with the following build:
x6 tetyron beam array
2/3 "traditional" borg peices*
MACO shield
Scorpion fighters, Subspace field modulator, weapons batteries, (Aux batteries?)
x1 Neutronium, x1 Electroceramic (for STFs at least)
Borg console, Field Generator, x2 Flow capacitor
x2 Tetryon boosting consoles
Boff skills(from a combo of the build as well as fleetmate advice):
TSS; HE; TB; ES
TSS; (forgot other 2 skills)
EPtS; ES; RSP
TT1; TT2
Power Siphon Drones; Catian Fighters
I will update this post to fill in the gaps ASAP.
*Now I'm told the Borg deflector is pretty decent with sci abilities, but I'm wondering if there is a deflector better suited for drain abilities? I could easily swap out the Borg deflector in this build for something more sci orientated as the shield proc isn't really unnecessary with several shield healing abilities. Also note, that this part is mostly sentimental as obviously tetryon glider is better suited for this build than 2 random healing procs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
05-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Low turn rate, lots of science rate, and the science resist problematic (may be sufficiently adressed by now, may not be) - I'd say go with a Healer Build.

As a starting point, adjust to taste and based on actual gameplay experience:
  • 2 x Transfer Shield Strength 3
  • 2 x Hazard Emitters 2
  • 2 x Science Team (okay, not convinced on this one, maybe a mix of ST and Tractor Beam instead?)
  • 1 x Feedback Pulse 3, Scramble Sensors 3 or Charged Particle Burst 3
  • 1 x Emergency Power to Shields 1
  • 1 x Emergency Power to Shields 2
  • 1 x Extend Shield 2 (Team Play, PvP) or 1 x Reverse Shield Polarity 2 (Self-Defense, Solo Play)
  • 1 x Tactical Team 1
  • 1 x Attack Pattern Delta 1 or 1 x Beam Fire At Will / Cannon Rapid Fire (depending on weapon selection)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
05-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskofan1991
I agree. I sucked it up and spent like 150k dilithium and got 500 c points to buy 2 character slots just so I can have a Fed sci toon that will fly this new ship (5th c store purchase, finally got forum posting rights! ), and I've been browsing the Klingon Fleetyards, but carrier build threads are nowhere near as meaty as say the escort build thread here in the Fed shipyards. I'm also looking at a sci capt spec, and I'm thinking of maxing out all the Sci space skills save power insulators and the 2 VA sci skills, all 3 of which i consider useless.
I also bought power siphon drones off the exchange. I'm sure hop the new carrier can use them.
They are patching/fixing the siphone drones now that the Federation might be able to use them. I'm happy about that but ****ed off as well. I wanted to do exactly what the KDF have been doing in PVP to ruin it for us Federation players. Oh well, no revenge this time...

Anyway, Siphone Drones won't be as awful as they were recently. Which is a good thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
05-02-2012, 07:49 AM
right now I use my Kar'fi as a CC Beast mostly for STF

Front and back:
2 Disruptor-Plasma Hybrid Array, Chronoton Torpedo (slow proc)
Front:
Bio-neural Warhead
Honor Guard Shield and Deflector = +25 Torpedo
Borg Set Console and Engine = Proc Hull Repair
Red Matter

Enemy group at 15km
Send Fighters and/or Siphon Drones

Lead ship at 10km
Gravity Well 3 - Attack Pattern Alpha and Beta - Fire at Will

5 Seconds later
Torpedo Spread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
05-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Low turn rate, lots of science rate, and the science resist problematic (may be sufficiently adressed by now, may not be) - I'd say go with a Healer Build.

As a starting point, adjust to taste and based on actual gameplay experience:
  • 2 x Transfer Shield Strength 3
  • 2 x Hazard Emitters 2
  • 2 x Science Team (okay, not convinced on this one, maybe a mix of ST and Tractor Beam instead?)
  • 1 x Feedback Pulse 3, Scramble Sensors 3 or Charged Particle Burst 3
  • 1 x Emergency Power to Shields 1
  • 1 x Emergency Power to Shields 2
  • 1 x Extend Shield 2 (Team Play, PvP) or 1 x Reverse Shield Polarity 2 (Self-Defense, Solo Play)
  • 1 x Tactical Team 1
  • 1 x Attack Pattern Delta 1 or 1 x Beam Fire At Will / Cannon Rapid Fire (depending on weapon selection)
I would agree with this build. Keeping almost everything else the same, my Sci layout is:

ST1, HE2, TSS3, FBP3
HE1, TSS2, PSW2

This allows me to share boffs with my MVAE, which also uses PSW2 as a close-combat attack when shields fall or when I need to thwack something off of me. I'd imagine for the Kitty Hawk the PSW2 can be launched against other ships and small craft that get too close.

Also, I find that when I pop APA and I'm flying anything but an escort, I instantly aggro every single player in the arena. Something about being assumed to be a squishy noob. So I'll have FBP3 ready for that purpose.

Now if only they fixed MES. I'd love to make this ship disappear, then pounce on some unsuspecting Klink...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
05-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskofan1991
Ok, I searched the Klingon Fleetyards a bit harder and found a build thread for Kar'fis. Even tho my Fed sci is only level 10 as of this post, I'm already getting her boff abilities outta the way.
I think I'm gonna run a drain build on this baby with the following build:
x6 tetyron beam array
2/3 "traditional" borg peices*
MACO shield
Scorpion fighters, Subspace field modulator, weapons batteries, (Aux batteries?)
x1 Neutronium, x1 Electroceramic (for STFs at least)
Borg console, Field Generator, x2 Flow capacitor
x2 Tetryon boosting consoles
Boff skills(from a combo of the build as well as fleetmate advice):
TSS; HE; TB; ES
TSS; (forgot other 2 skills)
EPtS; ES; RSP
TT1; TT2
Power Siphon Drones; Catian Fighters
I will update this post to fill in the gaps ASAP.
*Now I'm told the Borg deflector is pretty decent with sci abilities, but I'm wondering if there is a deflector better suited for drain abilities? I could easily swap out the Borg deflector in this build for something more sci orientated as the shield proc isn't really unnecessary with several shield healing abilities. Also note, that this part is mostly sentimental as obviously tetryon glider is better suited for this build than 2 random healing procs.
might i suggest using a different weapon type since your catian fighters having tetryon weapons already. Maybe polaron or disruptor for the debuffs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
05-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
Anyway, Siphone Drones won't be as awful as they were recently. Which is a good thing.
Yeah, but what's good for PvP is (as usual) bad for PvE.

Locking down cubes in STFs was the one thing worth equiping Siphones. Mine will likely collect dust in my inventory, now. We'll have to see just how useless they've been made.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:52 AM.