Lt. Commander
# 21
05-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor
Even if they only used the red for the frames and borders of windows, but left action bar icons, health gauges, target frames, etc alone, it would be a great improvement. My problem is that the red is overlaying everything, making the HUD almost monochromatic. They don't overlay blue on everything for the Federation HUD, why did they red filter everything for Klingon?
That is a good idea! Brown, while close to Red, is easier on the eyes. Maybe a rusty brown. You know, to add a splash of red into the brown.

A little green, like the color of the Birds of Prey would not be bad in the UI.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-02-2012, 08:40 PM
I've had to tolerate the Klingon UI if I want to play a Klingon toon, but tolerating is not the same as liking it, I csn only play a klink for short periods before my eyes start to go buggy and I start getting a headache, at which point the game ceases to be enjoyable. Some things are worth suffering for, a video game does not fall into that category.
Since this is in the Feedback forum I'd like to suggest that an additional customization that allows changing UI colors would be a good thing to add at some point. With the HUD being as customizable as it already is, it's a shame that such a feature wasn't already included.
If anyone knows of a mod that would allow me to change it myself I would love to here about it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-03-2012, 01:46 AM
I don't care if the default color is Red, or Orange, Muave, whatever-- but a UI tool to let you change the color like in the ship customization menu would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
The UI is the absolute worst in the DOFF shop. When you make it to a new tier and get a DOFF token, it's as good as impossible to distinguish if the little indicator is red or orange.

The KDF UI color scheme is a nightmare, plain and simple.
Yup, that's terrible as well.

They removed the Klingon texts on the signs on the Qo'nos ground map for better usability, but they haven't done anything to make the rest of the KDF UI more readable or useable. I actually could work with those texts, on short distances they used to turn to English test and were so overall still pretty good. But the orange/red contrasts exist everywhere in the UI!
Career Officer
# 25
10-18-2012, 07:32 AM
I wouldnt have a problem with the red hud if friendlies on it werent so damned close to being as red as hostiles on it. Everything on the Klink HUD is the same color to me unless I look really close. The purpose of a HUD is to give information at a glance, Klingon hud fails at this.

I will never play Klingon until it is changed.
Ensign
# 26
01-16-2013, 07:00 AM
yes but as the saying goes different strokes for different folks. not all the players spending money on this game are you. and an option for changing the color of the hud would get more people playing klinks and spending more money
Career Officer
# 27
01-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Just a heads-up...

Around here, any thread that hasn't been posted in for over Thirty Days is considered DEAD...

And They want you to start a new one instead of Resurrecting an Old one.

This Zombie will soon be Crushed.

DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Career Officer
# 28
02-11-2013, 06:44 PM
how do we get it blue. in city of villains (when cryptic made it) they let us change it to any color. this red is just hard to see. I love the color red just not as as hud.