Lt. Commander
# 1 Some new ideas for Cryptic
07-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Hello Mr. Stahl,and the Cryptic Team, thank you for taking the time to read this, i know you are very busy. First of all, let me say thank you for all of your hard work in making what could be the best game in the world, Star Trek Online. I am just an average guy whos' passion is Star Trek, and gaming, and i have some ideas that would make this game even more incredible and would love to share them with you. If you like them, i wish for no credit, merely to see my ideas used somehow for the betterment of the whole. If you don't have the time to read, pass it on to someone lower who can simply tell you if I'm nuts or not, lol. I currently have 7 ideas for things i would salivate to see in the game:

1. A "Minor" in another career track. So many people complain that it gets boring after maxing out, but what if your Engineer character could somehow have a secondary job, like a minor in the tactical game-play, that would allow you to keep collecting xp at say, half value, and give you some extra tactical powers, but make leveling up the secondary career REALLY hard, make it take a long time, and then make it so you can reach say approximately only half of the current max in that level. So you could be a vice admiral Engineer with a secondary focus at tactical with select tactical bonuses up to maybe commander level or something like that? By stretching the progression out in the 'sub-career' field, a characters game-play time could continue even without new content, by utilizing all current mission types to reach the top of the second career. It would also help to customize your characters career path a little more, say like an engineer with a sub focus on tactical martial arts training, or a tactical officer with a sub career in health, or turret fabrication? The customization would REALLY add flavor.

2. Crafting Lower Tier Starships to Tier 5 or higher when warranted. I really love my constitution class ship. It would be even better if there were a way to upgrade it, even a piece at a time, to become the equivalent of a tier 5 ship. Imagine going up against other tier 5 ships in a Connie that can hold its own... but again, make it take ALOT to upgrade these ships, then people will have a focus on things to do that will take a while. And it may even drive up c-store sales on ships if people know there are ways to use their favorite ships throughout the game on one character. If you think this will impact sales of the retrofit ships, just make them so they can be crafted one step up above the rest, and you retain their usefulness, and still make money on sales of the lower ships!

3. Music at Starbases. I'm sure it must be hard to get licensing for certain trek tunes to be in the game, but the only ones that REALLY matter, is hearing the DS9 theme at DS9, hearing music from Star Trek 3 at Earth Spacedock ( those tracks would really make you feel like you're coming home), and some real Klingon music on Qo'nos. Not to mention cut scenes of your ship entering and exiting space dock ( with a skip feature if you're in a hurry. )

4. ASTEROIDS SHOULD DO DAMAGE. If you're too drunk to drive, the cars gonna get some dents. Maybe just on the two higher difficulty levels... talk about adding a whole new dynamic to ship fights!

5. A mystery " Catch the ship" type mission. I was thinking like a ghost ship that travels randomly through ALL sectors, and it would take you to a special mission with great loot, but YOU have to catch the ship, if some one else finds it, it disappears and reappears somewhere else in sector space. Give people a reason to hunt for things in sector space!

6. Would a 3D mode be possible? Nothing would look better than seeing your ship pop out of the monitor at you while everything else remains in 2D in the background, you could make money by selling the glasses through the website or c-store!

7. Randomness! The whole world is laid out in the mission journal! We need reasons to explore! ( Like the patient in Sickbay in ESD, that's great! ) Allow for rare random items strewn about planets to be collected, like weapons from other species that cant be found or created in any other way. ( Like Hirogen hunting weapons!)

If you've gotten through this, thank you for taking the time to read it, and i hope there is something here from my crazy mind that would be useful, I wish you the best and cant wait to see the next new great content! thank you for your time!

Chris Morningstar
rbrancher
Silent Hunter Squadron, Fleet Commander
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Another idea would be a mobile app to allow you to access your duty officers on the go. maybe access the exchange and c-store too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladdeschain
Another idea would be a mobile app to allow you to access your duty officers on the go. maybe access the exchange and c-store too.
I'd buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matri View Post
I'd buy it.
+2

/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
That would be nice but cryptic would price the app twice as much as its worth otherwise cool idea
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2012, 07:58 PM
There is a suggestion thread stickied.