Lt. Commander
This just occurred to me and not only that it also severely messes up my Wireless router. Going from a 3MB 45 ms ping to 500-600 ms ping with .5 MB connection!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
This just occurred to me and not only that it also severely messes up my Wireless router. Going from a 3MB 45 ms ping to 500-600 ms ping with .5 MB connection!
Generally speaking, if any program crashes and it affects your router, you likely have hardware and/or driver issues. (Like network adapter drivers, vs. video card drivers.)

Usually this is from the traffic burst that accompanies sending us our much-needed crash dump information.

And make sure those vid card drivers are updated, too. Unless you're on ATI, because I heard their most recent driver left something to be desired.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Generally speaking, if any program crashes and it affects your router, you likely have hardware and/or driver issues. (Like network adapter drivers, vs. video card drivers.)

Usually this is from the traffic burst that accompanies sending us our much-needed crash dump information.

And make sure those vid card drivers are updated, too. Unless you're on ATI, because I heard their most recent driver left something to be desired.
Using NVIDIA card and all computer drivers are up-to-date.

But I'm confused how it could be my router's fault in causing the CTD, especially when I been using the same one for 2 years.

Sure the old Alt-Tab crash hasn't returned?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Using NVIDIA card and all computer drivers are up-to-date.

But I'm confused how it could be my router's fault in causing the CTD, especially when I been using the same one for 2 years.

Sure the old Alt-Tab crash hasn't returned?
I'm not saying the cause of the crash is your router, but rather possible router hardware or driver problems are causing the crash to cause issues with the router.

It makes sense to me, but I fear articulating that is difficult. In other words, the traffic that accompanies a crash can sometimes cause older or faulty networking hardware to choke.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
I'm not saying the cause of the crash is your router, but rather possible router hardware or driver problems are causing the crash to cause issues with the router.

It makes sense to me, but I fear articulating that is difficult. In other words, the traffic that accompanies a crash can sometimes cause older or faulty networking hardware to choke.
Don't know specifics of the crash but the alt+tab bug is back I've got it too... along with the skill tray changing itself after every instance change.