Lt. Commander
So I just levelled my Ferengi a character to VA combining the Doff-ing with Investigate Officer Reports and SFA Lore dailies, plus some XP boost I collected over time. He'd been lying around gathering dust for 6 months as a commander, and the D'Kora ship plus the Lobi crystals gear sparked my interest to finish him off.

The speed at which you can level a character this way without actually playing is just crazy. I think I levelled just as fast as my main did by playing the game . Also the amount of drops you collect is nuts. I completed the Trace Tracker accolade in 2 ranks with the Doff system.

It's nice to have another VA that I normally would not have bothered with, but I have not a clue how to use a Science officer :p He has seen minimal combat - very Ferengi of him.

STO never had any grind to start with, and it feels a bit silly being able to level this fast.

Has anyone else levelled using just the Doff system?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2012, 05:40 AM
Yep, almost the exact same scenario as you, except my sci was a female Bajoran, and I actually started playing her again just before RAUH, so she didn't get all the way to VA on doffs alone.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 07:33 AM
My KDF toons levelled so fast thanks to DOFFing, none of them ever have completed dailys like the star clusters or nebulas in Omega Leonis... it's a bit sad, really.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah, my KDF toon was mostly levelled through the Doff system.

The downside is, I then didn't have access to the higher level missions because I hadn't done the previous ones. So, I just now finished the KDF starter chain, and got into the Romulan chain.

This is important because that one Borg console is only available in a mission... and you can't unlock that mission until you do everything prior to that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGeek View Post
This is important because that one Borg console is only available in a mission... and you can't unlock that mission until you do everything prior to that.
So.... Skip the prior missions. They all have the ability for you to do that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I maxed out 3 KDF and 4 Fed toons using only the doff system. Having that many alts really helps you with getting Doffs and Delithium. Its actually kind of awesome for folks who buy extra toon slots.