Lt. Commander
# 21
05-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan5
Hey, as long as your getting enjoyment out of your play time, objective complete.

Id personally like to see how much these guys have funneled off into their bank accounts... judging by the spam i see occasionally its $10 for 10 million EC.

4 months that i have witnessed all day every day farmers... i bet they are clearing 50-60mil a day. The fact that they are still farming day in day out means they are keeping clear of that 1billion cap...

at 50 mil a day thats 6 BILLION ec over 4 months or $6000 at $10 for 10million ec. $18,000 USD yearly.

Cryptic, you guys LOVE the ca$h... its time to get your pimp sticks out and slap these *****es!

BTW, just visited kerrat again, same user, still farming... go see for yourselves.

Remember guys, they are here for $$$, simple as that. They do not care about the game, they are not interested at all. If they could profit playing barbies horse and ride, they would be playing that. If they could have a bot doing the work im sure they would. Id be shocked if these guys didnt have multiple computers running different games.

Farming for yourself is not the issue here, farming for monetary gains is.
Oh I get enjoyment out of it. I get to learn new tactics and gain experiance at taking down different enemies with different load outs and strengths. Its just an added bonus that I run the chance at getting free loot for having fun that I can potentially upgrade my starships in my personal reserve fleet. Thats why almost all of my 7 starships have Mk X or Mk XI load outs. Its only my Odyssey class that has the Mk XII cause I bought three common Mk XII turrets for the rear.

Now as far as them selling EC for USD, I would have to say they should be reported. Even if they are offering 10,000,000 EC for $10 worth of Dilithium well then I dont know for me thats a gray area cause I dont know if that really goes against rules or not. I will admit I didnt read all the rules but I sure wouldnt do anything like this cause this is a game to me and I dont take it that seriouslly that I have to have the max of all forms of currency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranthraxis
I understand all of that, I just don't wanna see the rest of the community suffer because Cryptics only way to "stop" these violaters is to break an aspect of the game the rest of us can use in a Legit manner.
That is why I was making my points. I fear that if Cryptic does something to fix this, they will hurt those of us that grind for currency for our own benefit just to stop those from lining their own pockets with real cold hard cash.

Quote:
I dont want to be penalised either, and im under no illusion that my 2 cents are worth more than anyone elses, i still dont think any real player can stand farming for extended periods of time... ie more than say 3-4 hours.

Id also love to see any other suggestions on how cryptic or even the community itself could disrupt the milking of the cash cow.
I think the best way is to get their id. I am sure cryptic keeps records of the chat logs both public and private. Take the ID from chat and report it and roughly the time period it happened in. They check it and then ban said user. Every time someone makes an offer to sell something for real USD or real currency in chat they get reported to Cryptic and they take care of it. That would be the ideal way to handle this. Do this enough and people learn that its not worth it to do that. Sure there will be some that will create new email accounts to get around this but they still have to advertise to sell their EC for real money which would result in them getting reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrci2907
I have also noticed these farmers especially in kerrat. They are there almost 24/7! I suggest that we make a list of these violeters. Do you agree? I could immidietly put 3 people who are clear violeters.
I wouldnt mind having people like that reported for sitting in a room for 24/7 doing nothing. Just have to find where we draw the line. I have a few times been sitting in Kerrat for 10 mins some times after my dilithium mission was over cause I got called into the other room. So have to take that into consideration as well. But I think if its people constantly sitting in the same room over and over doing nothing and earning EC to turn into real money I say they should be reported or kept on a list atleast and sent to Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Yes, these guys should be put out of business.

This is why Cryptic introduced Dilithium as the new economy. It's bound and throttled and worth a lot more. People are apparently buying EC or they would not be there I don't know why people need to by EC

EC are so easy to come by you don't need to buy 10M for $10. Its probably worth only $1 at this stage LOL. I've played other MMO's where cash was extremely important and hard to come by. These were mainly open PVP, where you needed the best gear to survive and help level faster through the grind (Lineage 2 for example ~shudder!). But in STO you can get some really great gear by just playing the game and completing the story missions, there is no open PVP and no grind.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
If they are selling EC for money, report them.

If they just want to spend their time farming EC for whatever other reason, do not bother them. If they get fun out of the game by making "money" and manipulating the market, then let them have their fun.
My sentiments exactly. Those who would violate the game's TOS, in endeavoring to sell EC, should be reported and banned from the game. Yet, there is absolutely no point in punishing the player community, as a whole, by imposing limitations on drops and the means by which we choose to direct our efforts within the game itself...be it playing PVPs, STFs, the DOFF system, FEs or simply farming EC and Dilithium.

I've never been approached by a 'farmer' soliciting the sale of in-game resources. Yet, I can assure ya, that if one were foolish enough to contact me, I would report them with warp speed quickness. And I would encourage all of my fellow players to do so as well.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I say more power to them, if they have the time and ability to farm energy credits all day then I say let them! Its one way to guarantee and 10 Million Credits. They are not hurting my game play experience and I only use gear I buy from grinding STF's!

To the OP if you really need a certain item, just PM me and I will try to get it for you! I am always passing up gear in STF missions, most of those items aren Mark XII items of all value. For you I can change that!
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Does Cryptic do anything about the folks that do nothing but sit in starbase 24 or kerrat farming the purple drops for EC.
If they want to waste time farming and not enjoying the game then let them. If they are selling EC for cash then report them.

If you want to eat their fun cake then kill and win SB 24.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-02-2012, 11:57 PM
they should give us back loot for foundry. more loot means less gold sellers
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog0000
they should give us back loot for foundry. more loot means less gold sellers
I never noticed that they took it away, but if they did, they took it away because it was too exploitable. I have no idea how many hundreds of Critical components I got from foundry missions that might be considered exploitative.