Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate525 View Post
RSP plus Evasive maneuvers and Ramming Speed = RUN AWAY

It's gotten me out of hairy jams before.
I second this. It's gotten me out of plenty of scrapes in my Fleet escort as my tac toon. It's a kind of "oh s**t" button for when I'm getting hammered by spheres spamming their tractor beams and my shields are dropping!
That's only rank 1 btw!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate525 View Post
RSP plus Evasive maneuvers and Ramming Speed = RUN AWAY

It's gotten me out of hairy jams before.
Ditto, I actually do not even try and use RSP as a last resort.

Instead, I use it proactively during the engagement while my shields are already at or mostly fully powered. That way, when someone mistakenly thinks Iím in trouble and sub-nukes RSP, I can start using my regular shield heals like EPTS, TT and etc.

As it is now, I run two copies of RSP II. I can use it once every minute. I then have two copies of EPTS and TT to use once the RSP is on cool-down. I also run a copy of Attack Pattern Delta, for extra resistance in-between use of ďBrace for ImpactĒ. I love tanking in my Dreadnaught Cruiser! And having the ability to run away and cloak if Iím really in trouble is awesome. I think it really makes those Bird of Prey people angry when the get a small taste of how frustrating it is when a target gets away because of cloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
Ditto, I actually do not even try and use RSP as a last resort.

Instead, I use it proactively during the engagement while my shields are already at or mostly fully powered. That way, when someone mistakenly thinks Iím in trouble and sub-nukes RSP, I can start using my regular shield heals like EPTS, TT and etc.

As it is now, I run two copies of RSP II. I can use it once every minute. I then have two copies of EPTS and TT to use once the RSP is on cool-down. I also run a copy of Attack Pattern Delta, for extra resistance in-between use of ďBrace for ImpactĒ. I love tanking in my Dreadnaught Cruiser! And having the ability to run away and cloak if Iím really in trouble is awesome. I think it really makes those Bird of Prey people angry when the get a small taste of how frustrating it is when a target gets away because of cloak.
Is it just me or has RSP been nerfed in the latest patch? a LOT of abilities seem to interfere with it now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-08-2012, 03:48 PM
RSP is fine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-10-2012, 01:42 AM
I like it when cruisers run two copies of RSP. It means they aren't dealing enough heals out to their team mates and that will usually spell fail for said team.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Your forgetting that there is also a rare DOFF that can counter it... if it procs....[.....]
which DOFF is that? I must have not been paying attention...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-13-2012, 07:58 PM
To answer the OP'ers question: Nope, reverse shield polarity doesn't need additional counters. It doesn't have a very long duration, SNB kills it instantly and if enough ppl kill their energy weapons while unleashing torpedoes on the target ship, the benefit of RSP goes out the window. One just has to be paying attention.

So, nope. No more counters needed. In my opinion, anyways.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Target Shields can also have a chance to drop a shield face so u can get thro RSP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-14-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_riker01 View Post
To answer the OP'ers question: Nope, reverse shield polarity doesn't need additional counters. It doesn't have a very long duration, SNB kills it instantly and if enough ppl kill their energy weapons while unleashing torpedoes on the target ship, the benefit of RSP goes out the window. One just has to be paying attention.

So, nope. No more counters needed. In my opinion, anyways.
You're vastly overestimating the usefulness of torpedoes against a ship that is still shielded. You cannot fire enough torpedoes to compensate for the fact that their damage is reduced by 75 % against shields. Due to the torpedo cooldown mechanics, you can't even build a "torpedo boat" that fires nothing but a stream of torps.

Feel free to bring 4 friends and try it out a few times if you don't believe me. I'd even be your RSP punching bag.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-14-2012, 10:42 PM
All I'm saying is that RSP is limited in its usefulness and HARDLY an overpowered skill. As someone else already mentioned, it merely prolongs the inevitable. Adding more counters to this skill, when there are ways around it already, merely makes RSP more and more impractical.

Even if you can't get through the shields with torpedoes, cease firing and wait for RSP to drop. You don't need an additional counter to the skill.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:23 PM.