Lt. Commander
New Captains !!!

I would love to have an Cardesian as captain and a romulean maybe for others.
Not as a new race but a joined one a romulean captain who joined starfleet or KDF.
Same with Cardesian or maybe a breen as Captain who fight for the feds or KDF.
This way the devs don't have to make a new race yet and a lot off players maybe happy with this.
Offcourse they come with unique traits like the borg or someting else and you can unlock them from the C-Store so Cryptic make money from this .

Tell me what you think ???

Greets
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2012, 06:08 AM
I'd love a Romulan character, especially now that we have a Romulan, err Caitian ship to use.
If we aren't getting a Romulan faction in the near future then I don't understand why we can't just get an unlock for the Romulans/ Cardassians etc in the existing factions, we already have cross faction character races, one of which is the lead race in the faction (Klingon's) so it's not an unheard of thing to have in game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2012, 06:27 AM
You can make an accurate Cardassian in the alien maker, the same with Romulans. And that way you've got the freedom to pick all four traits, and it's free. Win/win.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2012, 07:24 AM
The Cardassian in the character creator is very accurate but the correct forehead ridges aren't available for the Romulan's at all. Either Bony Ridges 5 or a very low Xindi Primate is OK but the ridges on the NPCs aren't available at all and some of the female hair in particular makes the only available options look less than stellar. Sticking to male characters, it's a little better as the hair comes a little lower on the forehead so the ridges aren't as visible which helps to hide the incorrect ridges and leave the suggestion that they're correct under the fringe.

I agree on the traits being better if you go Alien but I pretty much always take the correct preset race over an alien wherever possible. I don't PvP often and not even elite STFs are difficult enough to justify taking an Alien over a preset, especially on the KDF where the racial costumes won't be available.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kirk
New Captains !!!

Not as a new race but a joined one a romulean captain who joined starfleet or KDF.
This way the devs don't have to make a new race yet and a lot off players maybe happy with this.
Offcourse they come with unique traits like the borg or someting else and you can unlock them from the C-Store so Cryptic make money from this .

Greets
Already somewhat doable from my perspective...

Here is my Cardassian KDF Captain: http://www.startrekonline.com/charac...s/1073641/view

Here is my Romulan KDF Captain: http://www.startrekonline.com/charac...s/1083041/view
Lt. Commander
# 6 Nice
05-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Nice but what about the traits for the char and kits special design like holo emiter for the cardesians and a mine that shoot an telaron burst into the sky those traits should be nice to have sir.
That's what I miss most in the game.
So yes allien creation is nice I have it too an captain as an cardesian and lucky me that I win a cardie ship and onboard with a lot off bad guys.
So its nice but still it would be nicer to have them as a race offcourse.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Nice but what about the traits for the char and kits special design like holo emiter for the cardesians and a mine that shoot an telaron burst into the sky those traits should be nice to have sir.
That's what I miss most in the game.
So yes allien creation is nice I have it too an captain as an cardesian and lucky me that I win a cardie ship and onboard with a lot off bad guys.
So its nice but still it would be nicer to have them as a race offcourse.
I do agree it would be nice to have them as a race. Maybe one day.

<fingers crossed>
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
New Captains !!!

Greets
Yeah...sorry to say, but we're NEVER going to see Romulans as a playable race nor will we see D'deridex-class, B-type warbird...sad really. I would of gladly paid the cash for lifetime member ...but not now. They won't see another dime from me untill they get their priorities straight.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
New Captains !!!

Greets

NO!

If my klink see a Romulan or Cardassian, she will draw her disruptor and shoot.
Then she would use her bath'let to chop their head off, and throw it to the kidz to use as a football..

Yeah, thats right, that is what she would do, just so ya know, kay..
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2012, 11:57 AM
What is a Romulean?
Oh you mean Romulan.

What's a Cardesian?
Oh, you mean a Cardassian.

Sorry... They can't even be bothered to take finishing the Klingun... erm... Klingon faction to the satisfaction of those who want to play it. So don't hold your breath waiting for them to add Romulans or Cardassians.