Lt. Commander
I missed posted this in the PvP forum so I wanted to repost where it's supposed to be and see what everybody thinks

I used to enjoy Infected Ground Elite. At least once I got the hang of jumping . But, the past week I have failed Infected Ground Elite nearly every time. It seems like there have been a flood of new players hitting the STFs. Not knowing where the trigger lines are, not knowing what injuries are, and your average need ninjas. But the mission seems harder as well, especially the last room. The drones seem to be spawning faster. Lately by the time you get to Rebecca drones in the corners have already started to respawn. Almost every time I've died this week I've gotten swarmed by drones, not Rebecca.
Has the mission gotten harder or is it a string of bad luck?
I wouldn't care, but I want the prototype PSG tech.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2012, 06:56 PM
definately feeling that. Yesterday I lucked out and got several groups who knew what the point was, and how to do their part. Today, meh back to normal disaster mode.
Guess I could go work on my new Carrier some.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2012, 07:31 PM
I haven't been playing long enough to say if the mission has increased in difficulty. I can say this is the only STF I try to avoid playing. Most runs fall apart in the final room before ever engaging Rebecca. The drones do seem to respawn to soon. Also, it's very easy to accumulate injuries in this mission and I too have seen a large number of players go without healing and make themselves a likability. For now I will just continue to grind CGE until I get my proto weapon :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I think the issue on your runs is that your (not you persay but the teams in general) not clearing as you go in the final room. i.e.
  • do your checks for injuries, use your remodualtors and tribble up (if you got one of each class and they all have the IDIC tribble use it, makes it a tab faster to kill them and survive).
  • Start at the bottom of the ramp ( the flat square as to not aggro the group in the center).
  • clear the left front corner.
  • clear the right front corner.
  • clear the center (do not aggro the ones in the other corners and on the middle platform at the back yet).
  • set virus on right front node.
  • set virus on left front node.
  • set virus and kill drones on next 3 platforms as you go.
  • spread out.
  • if you have sci's with the tachyon harmonic get them alternate on it to kill her sheilds, debuff her and fire all you got.
  • profit.

Thats gen the tactic I use in all my IGE runs, she, we clear out the room within minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2012, 09:55 PM
usually i do the IGE like that... but since 4or5 days ?! the drones seem to be aggro for no reason.. i mean i stand at generator 2 ( left side ) and i get shot by a drone from thh opposite ... ive no threatcontrol but sometimes it seems the drones get uber aggro ..lol

also i have to say it really feels that they spawn quicker than before.. really weird especially when we were shooting rebecca and then get flanked by a ****drone :/

well something similar goes for armek.. sometimes/usually we get him down within 7-14 seconds...

but for soem weird reason he was 1 hitting the entire team on some matches... we were all wearing maco set and IDIC buffs ...and then he airstriked 4 of us... at teh next try 3 of us got airtriked and at the 4 try i atleast decided to attack him from far away with my sniper ... as scientist .. so i was able to heal my team .. until he spawned thh cover shields...

its nice having a challenge but to be honest it is sometimes depressing when armek is just godlike...or the drones at IGE respawn to quick

it really seems to be randomly because i had the same teams and it was 1 time extreemly hard and the other time it was extremly easy..

oh an then even with optionals we didnt get any TECH ...that atleast need to be changed...a 80% dropchance of tech when completet the optional would be nice ...

and a 75% dropchance on success without optional.. really... it annoying to not get the tech after a nice match.. its like we did al for nothing...
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
I think the issue on your runs is that your (not you persay but the teams in general) not clearing as you go in the final room. i.e.
  • do your checks for injuries, use your remodualtors and tribble up (if you got one of each class and they all have the IDIC tribble use it, makes it a tab faster to kill them and survive).
  • Start at the bottom of the ramp ( the flat square as to not aggro the group in the center).
  • clear the left front corner.
  • clear the right front corner.
  • clear the center (do not aggro the ones in the other corners and on the middle platform at the back yet).
  • set virus on right front node.
  • set virus on left front node.
  • set virus and kill drones on next 3 platforms as you go.
  • spread out.
  • if you have sci's with the tachyon harmonic get them alternate on it to kill her sheilds, debuff her and fire all you got.
  • profit.

Thats gen the tactic I use in all my IGE runs, she, we clear out the room within minutes.
That's the tried and true method. But, lately I've seen it fall apart more often than not.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
That's the tried and true method. But, lately I've seen it fall apart more often than not.
Yeah, for a while I had a streak of fails for infected and cure ground elite. Then joined the elitestf channel and started doing better.

As for that "tried and true method"... Me and my friend clear center, then corners. Works just as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
Yeah, for a while I had a streak of fails for infected and cure ground elite. Then joined the elitestf channel and started doing better.

As for that "tried and true method"... Me and my friend clear center, then corners. Works just as well.
I haven't done a PUG in a couple of months. All the runs I've done have been from the elitestf channel. I could see doing center then corners. For me, Cure ground elite is impossible with a PUG.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-05-2012, 09:52 PM
next group of newbs and they suck
I struggle to do khitomer ground last night I failed option before second elite

infected is just so hard when you have a bad team and gozer is unwilling to adjust it for all the newbs
hopefuly we can get an update soon
I am in same boat as I was before revamp

same on cure ground
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2012, 01:18 AM
I have had much better time this weekend. I'm pretty sure now that there's nothing different about the mission itself. I just had a run of bad luck with groups. I'm three for three finishing Infected Ground Elite tonight.
In two of the missions there were players who were new to the mission but spoke up and followed instructions.

I don't think that Gozer will adjust anything. I think that playing with rookies is part of the fun. However, if they're not willing to come prepared and learn then it becomes "fun." That's what I've been struggling with for the past week or so.