Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 271 Boring.
05-05-2012, 04:59 AM
Did you ever wonder if...

Since the STF's are just major grinds with the slim chance of a good award at the end, some people may be wanting the reward but are apathetic towards getting there.

But then, that's where the good stories come from. Both the people who are apathetic, and those who aren't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 272
05-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Possibly just had my worst STF - certainly most frustrating.

Played CSE, and it started well - the spawned ships went down quickly and the generators followed suite. But then no-one bothered taking out the Borg cubes! I tried but frankly my Intrepid retro is not really a match for a Borg cube one-on-one (not to mention the invisible insta-death torpdeo), and the respawn timer discouraged me from too many attempts.

We therefore failed the optional, as the time limit expired, and failed the mission in it's entirety as the cubes kept spawning BOP's and Raptors which overwhelmed the Kang. All cubes remained until the end. Bye-bye mission.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 273
05-05-2012, 12:06 PM
I will tell you of an experiment I did: I took my Qin Raptor, which is a wrecking ball in Dual Heavy Cannon madness and decided to change things a little. I took oner of my Disruptor turret off the back and plugged in a Beam Array, then went to Qo'nos and trained my Ensign Tac Officer in Beam Overload 1. Then I took it into a normal STF, that way if my idea fails, it wasn't going to be a disaster.

Turns out it is extremely fun to fire at an enemy with Dual Heavy Cannons and Turrets, then quickly make a u-turn and pop an overloaded Beam for an extra 10k damage
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 274
05-05-2012, 12:12 PM
i found it strange that when i completed my space maco xii and omega xii sets, instead of get the feeling of sucess and acomplishment that i thought i'd get, i got an overwhelming feeling of relief that i didnt have to do stf space anymore. it turns out (to me), stfs felt like a chore. like somthing unpleasent i had to endure.........

am i the only one to have this feeling? (i must say that dealing with un-informed and rude ppl are most likley the cause of this feeling)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 275
05-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTank420
i found it strange that when i completed my space maco xii and omega xii sets, instead of get the feeling of sucess and acomplishment that i thought i'd get, i got an overwhelming feeling of relief that i didnt have to do stf space anymore. it turns out (to me), stfs felt like a chore. like somthing unpleasent i had to endure.........

am i the only one to have this feeling? (i must say that dealing with un-informed and rude ppl are most likley the cause of this feeling)
Sometimes it feels that way, but other times no.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 276
05-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTank420
i found it strange that when i completed my space maco xii and omega xii sets, instead of get the feeling of sucess and acomplishment that i thought i'd get, i got an overwhelming feeling of relief that i didnt have to do stf space anymore. it turns out (to me), stfs felt like a chore. like somthing unpleasent i had to endure.........

am i the only one to have this feeling? (i must say that dealing with un-informed and rude ppl are most likley the cause of this feeling)
I know what you mean. I used to run 10+ a day and now probably around 10 or less a week and I am a much happier player. Unfortunately you look around and realize there's not allot else to do in end game that rewards you besides STF's. The only thing keeping me busy is lvling up multiple characters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 277
05-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkincrow
I know what you mean. I used to run 10+ a day and now probably around 10 or less a week and I am a much happier player. Unfortunately you look around and realize there's not allot else to do in end game that rewards you besides STF's. The only thing keeping me busy is lvling up multiple characters.


yea i find myself pvping only now days, wish the new content wasnt only availabe when im working or sleeping
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 278
05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTank420
i found it strange that when i completed my space maco xii and omega xii sets, instead of get the feeling of sucess and acomplishment that i thought i'd get, i got an overwhelming feeling of relief that i didnt have to do stf space anymore. it turns out (to me), stfs felt like a chore. like somthing unpleasent i had to endure.........

am i the only one to have this feeling? (i must say that dealing with un-informed and rude ppl are most likley the cause of this feeling)
Yes, you hit the nail on the head.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 279
05-05-2012, 04:04 PM
it seems many feel this way , i wish cryptic took it seriously.

there has to be some balance between fun and making a profit somewhere, they keep coming out with lock box gimmicks(wich i understand why there doing it) and gated content. but it seems to me that they could come out with content i could actually do(without taking a day off of work or waking up early or staying up late) to do.
dnt get me wrong once a week or so it manages to fall into a good time slot for me, but that seems a lil to few and far between for my tastes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 280
05-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
I will tell you of an experiment I did: I took my Qin Raptor, which is a wrecking ball in Dual Heavy Cannon madness and decided to change things a little. I took oner of my Disruptor turret off the back and plugged in a Beam Array, then went to Qo'nos and trained my Ensign Tac Officer in Beam Overload 1. Then I took it into a normal STF, that way if my idea fails, it wasn't going to be a disaster.

Turns out it is extremely fun to fire at an enemy with Dual Heavy Cannons and Turrets, then quickly make a u-turn and pop an overloaded Beam for an extra 10k damage
If you're doing that, had you thought of using a Tric instead? I use one aft for breaking tractors when everything's on CD or for hitting things stuck in Grav Wells and it works a treat. CD's a bit long but it can be made very nasty with HY or Spread and it doesn't drain weapons power either.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:55 AM.