Lt. Commander
# 121
05-04-2012, 03:29 AM
I play in the KDF exclusively, and have done for almost 2 years. However, I don't play a Klingon but rather a Romulan - and the KDF is the only way I get to decimate the Federation.

Am merely waiting in the wings to stab the KDF in the back if the Romulan faction ever sees the light of day? Of course! But then, what do you expect from us...

However, until that day, the KDF is my home.
Lt. Commander
# 122
05-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Klingon's are generally friendlier?

Being a tactical in a science ship I was encountering an issue obtaining high levels of Science skills. Namely Gravity well III, which is just not available.
So I asked in Zone if anyone could train my Boff for me. One guy logged out to get his alt to see if he could do it, then when he couldn't offered to burn a respec token for it!
Then another chap then showed up and did it for me, for free (although I bunged him a some credits).

So thanks to those two people.
Lt. Commander
# 123
05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
I have to try everything in a game to find out what I like and don't like. I do like playing the KDF. Its raw, untammed passion for honor and ship. Different play style, ships and outcomes.
Lt. Commander
# 124
05-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I fell for the sales pitch and stuck around after the lie.
Lt. Commander
# 125
05-05-2012, 09:50 PM
The Roaring..

Note; remember MEN to not roar women do! And they claw at you.... and throw heavy objects... *Drools*... :p oh um wait.. what??
Lt. Commander
# 126
05-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroscifer View Post
The Roaring..

Note; remember MEN to not roar women do! And they claw at you.... and throw heavy objects... *Drools*... :p oh um wait.. what??
Some people get so offended when their wife spits and slaps them in full view of public.

Ever tried slapping back? It's kind of fun when she's a real Klingon warrior that can hit back twice harder - nothing like a few wrestling matches a day to keep the entertainment levels high. It's all part of Klingon Drama if it happens to take place in public. Besides I like the attention

Remember, couples that argue (even better with Bat'leths) stay together much longer than the two silent lovebirds over there in the corner. The former are proper Klingon family, the latter, useless Federation slaves with too much money for lawsuit to stab their spouse with
Lt. Commander
# 127
05-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Some people get so offended when their wife spits and slaps them in full view of public.

Ever tried slapping back? It's kind of fun when she's a real Klingon warrior that can hit back twice harder - nothing like a few wrestling matches a day to keep the entertainment levels high. It's all part of Klingon Drama if it happens to take place in public. Besides I like the attention

Remember, couples that argue stay together much longer than the two silent lovebirds over there in the corner
And besides, Klingon women like it rough as a certain Earth singer who wears funny outfits sang many centuries ago.
Lt. Commander
# 128
05-06-2012, 12:55 PM
At first, I didn't like the Klingons. They seemed to be smelly vikings that wanted to conquer the earth, plunder its resources, and enslave its population.

I thought it would be good for the drama of the game's story if, as a Fed character, I didn't like the klingons, and I fought them to defend the earth (which is a pretty cool cause for any sci fi game, Trek or not.)

But then I saw Starfleet Academy.

Apparently, being in an "all out war" with the powerful, evil klingons has not affected the day-to-day functions of San Francisco. You still see flying cars and shuttles in a rush hour to get to work, you see cadets walking around happily out in the open, and you see that the "high costs" for starships, munitions, and soldiers has not affected the abundance of water flowing out of the giant fountains. Those things must be expensive.

If the Federation was really suffering from the war, the skies would be clear because people would not want to leave their bomb shelters to fly their cars. Cadets would want to stay close to the edges of the buildings and not walk out in the open where they could get beamed up by the Orions and sold into slavery. There would be racist, anti-Klingon propaganda on the walls of the buildings and there would be wussy conscientious objectors walking around, burning their draft cards and calling for a surrender to the empire.

So I said to myself "In this case, maybe it wouldn't hurt my Fed character's noble cause to defend Earth if I got a klingon character out of curiosity."

So I made a KDF character and I saw the First City. Seeing the innocent citizens of Kronos walking around, hoping to scrounge for a living in these dark times made me feel sorry for them and I wanted to defend them against the evil Romulans, True Way terrorists, and most importantly, the thousands of John Shepards who frequently violate Klingon borders in their obnoxiously comfortable starships.

So I then set out in my BoP to rid the galaxy of their scum and defend the noble, hard-working citizens of Kronos. Now I love playing the KDF as much, if not more, than playing as a Fed.
Lt. Commander
# 129
05-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I started playing Klingons for the different content from the Federation side.

Then I discovered that most of the Klingon content is reworded Federation missions.

Now I just use them to grind dilithium when one of the vanity items in the c-store strikes my fancy.
Lt. Commander
# 130
05-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRhubarb
At first, I didn't like the Klingons. They seemed to be smelly vikings that wanted to conquer the earth, plunder its resources, and enslave its population.

I thought it would be good for the drama of the game's story if, as a Fed character, I didn't like the klingons, and I fought them to defend the earth (which is a pretty cool cause for any sci fi game, Trek or not.)

But then I saw Starfleet Academy.

Apparently, being in an "all out war" with the powerful, evil klingons has not affected the day-to-day functions of San Francisco. You still see flying cars and shuttles in a rush hour to get to work, you see cadets walking around happily out in the open, and you see that the "high costs" for starships, munitions, and soldiers has not affected the abundance of water flowing out of the giant fountains. Those things must be expensive.

If the Federation was really suffering from the war, the skies would be clear because people would not want to leave their bomb shelters to fly their cars. Cadets would want to stay close to the edges of the buildings and not walk out in the open where they could get beamed up by the Orions and sold into slavery. There would be racist, anti-Klingon propaganda on the walls of the buildings and there would be wussy conscientious objectors walking around, burning their draft cards and calling for a surrender to the empire.

So I said to myself "In this case, maybe it wouldn't hurt my Fed character's noble cause to defend Earth if I got a klingon character out of curiosity."

So I made a KDF character and I saw the First City. Seeing the innocent citizens of Kronos walking around, hoping to scrounge for a living in these dark times made me feel sorry for them and I wanted to defend them against the evil Romulans, True Way terrorists, and most importantly, the thousands of John Shepards who frequently violate Klingon borders in their obnoxiously comfortable starships.

So I then set out in my BoP to rid the galaxy of their scum and defend the noble, hard-working citizens of Kronos. Now I love playing the KDF as much, if not more, than playing as a Fed.
Dude this is awesome. X)