Lt. Commander
It seems fellow posters MSV5191 (or a misspelled brother of his) question was answered:

Quote:
Q: (NVS5191) Now that Gozer has become the King of PvP, what kind of additions/changes are in the pipeline? When can we expect to see them?

Dstahl: PvP is in pretty sad shape in STO, and as such, we have put one of our senior designers to the task of revitalizing it. Gozer is currently tasked with importing some new PvP tech that was created for another unannounced Cryptic game and creating some new maps as a test bed. We plan to get the first of these new PvP missions onto our Test Server in May to start collecting feedback from the loyal following of players who are still playing STO PvP. From there, we plan to focus efforts on making some new maps that should drive in more interest in PvP. Once we get to that point and determine if PvP is getting better, we will decide what to do next.
So we may see something in testing even this month? Well, at least that's a promise/estimate we can see for ourselves.

This may also include something interesting
Quote:
Q: (Alastor_Forthright) With the Vault out, and Alpha out, and the last FE in regular progression, can you give us a hint towards what’s next in the way of new missions outside the upcoming FE Replay?

Dstahl: Most of the new missions coming in Season 6 are slated for groups of max level Captains where you will face difficult challenges. Some of the names of these missions are “No Win Scenario”, “Colony Rescue”, and “3v3 PvP”. As far as story specific missions, you can look forward more progress on the storyline sometime after this next major release.
Also, since we're discussing it a lot lately
Quote:
Q: (Cuatela) Over the years, it seems like Cryptic has pushed patches through even when bugs are known or seem obvious to players. Are there any plans to allow more time for QA with future patches to improve the “polish” of the game?

Dstahl: Yes. This is one of my personal goals for the year and something that has been a challenge at Cryptic that requires changing the way we do little things here and there. Efforts are underway and I’ve been meeting with both the production and QA leads to help drive this effort. It remains to be seen if you can teach an old horse new tricks, but that shouldn’t stop us from trying.
He could sound a little more optimistic there. We'll see.

I can say from personal experience that it is possible to improve the quality of an existing team's work. Methods can have a larger effect than merely hiring a new talent - even though changing methods will take some time and adjustment.

Source: Ask Cryptic May 2012: http://www.startrekonline.com/node/3148
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It seems fellow posters MSV5191 (or a misspelled brother of his) question was answered:

So we may see something in testing even this month? Well, at least that's a promise/estimate we can see for ourselves.

This may also include something interesting

Also, since we're discussing it a lot lately

He could sound a little more optimistic there. We'll see.

I can say from personal experience that it is possible to improve the quality of an existing team's work. Methods can have a larger effect than merely hiring a new talent - even though changing methods will take some time and adjustment.

Source: Ask Cryptic May 2012: http://www.startrekonline.com/node/3148
Fascinating /spock voice
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-04-2012, 10:57 PM
So let me get this right, they are going to take something from another one of their games and put it into star trek? Lets see how long this is gonna take to fix.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123489
So let me get this right, they are going to take something from another one of their games and put it into star trek? Lets see how long this is gonna take to fix.
this whole game is "another one of their games" modded with trek skin. if anything, thats what their GOOD at
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Yeah that is true
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-05-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm (almost) famous! :p

It's nice to see that they know and are acknowledging the poor state of PvP, but it's disheartening all the same. Good to know that our complaints haven't gone unheard, though.

My favorite part was the '... those who are still playing STO' bit.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I'm (almost) famous! :p

It's nice to see that they know and are acknowledging the poor state of PvP, but it's disheartening all the same. Good to know that our complaints haven't gone unheard, though.

My favorite part was the '... those who are still playing STO' bit.
they do that every time they anwser a pvp related one. then they alson promis its gonna get better.

seriously, check all the past qa things. theres always at least one pvp question then they say "we know, itll get better".

so far, it hasnt gotten better.

pvp- "we still think theres too much spam cryptic"
cryptic- "you want more spam? well.... ok then"
pvp- "god damnit!"
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-05-2012, 01:56 PM
If they realize (and PWE) how PvP is quite a success in SWTOR they might want to reconsider speeding up the PvP development. Havent played TOr in a while, i hardly even pvp'ed there, but i know its in a better shape (The amount of pvpers) than here..
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
they do that every time they anwser a pvp related one. then they alson promis its gonna get better.

seriously, check all the past qa things. theres always at least one pvp question then they say "we know, itll get better".

so far, it hasnt gotten better.

pvp- "we still think theres too much spam cryptic"
cryptic- "you want more spam? well.... ok then"
pvp- "god damnit!"
This time, there is actually something with an attached date - something to test on Tribble in May! I'll even give them till June until I declare it another PvPaporware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
If they realize (and PWE) how PvP is quite a success in SWTOR they might want to reconsider speeding up the PvP development. Havent played TOr in a while, i hardly even pvp'ed there, but i know its in a better shape (The amount of pvpers) than here..
TOR is overall larger, and you hear a lot of whining in the PvP forums anyway. But Bioware actually seems to have a real plan on class balance, with internal damage and heal output expectations and burst capability expectations that they benchmark the classes against.
Cryptic seems to be far away from that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Before debating what Cryptic says is going to happen, especially when it comes from that person, who frequently renigs on what he says, I'll wait and see what actually happens, since it usually is completely and utterly different from what we are told will happen.

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios